how can i lose weight by eating sooooo much??

assj

Silver Member
i just dont get it, i look at my food diary and there is sooo much there already, i am suppose to have 30 points and after my dinner i will still have 7.5 left, i am struggling soooo bad to find things to eat and to keep eating? :cry::cry:

also when will i be able to drop some points?

I'm the same as you assj, unfortunately I can't really give much advice because I'm pretty new to this but hopefully the smarter ones on here can help us out :)

I'm allowed 21 points but I've only had 9 points today and there is no way I will eat anything else. I don't get it because I'm obviously not eating enough but I feel so full I could burst. Maybe it's psychological?

I don't think it can be that much of a bad thing, I mean why eat if you're not hungry :confused::confused::confused:

Hiya

I'm on 26 points and have no problems eating my points lol

You really should try and eat your points, otherwise when it comes time to drop points you won't have anything to drop down to and your weight loss will suffer.

You will just have to trust the diet works by eating all your points. As Starlight says introduce a few treats (like I had a crunchie with my lunch for 3.5 points) and the points will be gone in no time!

Good luck

Twigs
xx

I would like to add my tuppence worth lol! I too am on high Points - it was 30 but I've just dropped down to 29 this week (you basically drop a Point every time you go into a new stone bracket)

If you follow all the WW advice and cut your portion sizes etc or eat a lot of low fat things then yes, it will be hard to eat up all the points. Like Twiggy says, you can add in some choccy or treats to bump them up which I like to do. I did run the problem of not being able to eat all my points to my Leader who suggested that I took extra at meal times - for example, extra meat. Tonight I had 1 and a half pork steaks with my stir fry which used up a bit extra.

I am just relishing having all these points cos I don't know how I'll manage at 18 points - I'll have to walk miles every day to get APs!!:D:character00115:

I'm the same as you assj, unfortunately I can't really give much advice because I'm pretty new to this but hopefully the smarter ones on here can help us out :)

I'm allowed 21 points but I've only had 9 points today and there is no way I will eat anything else. I don't get it because I'm obviously not eating enough but I feel so full I could burst. Maybe it's psychological?

I don't think it can be that much of a bad thing, I mean why eat if you're not hungry :confused::confused::confused:

You have to eat your points or your body will go into starvation mode and youll lose nothing.

Youve only had 9 points all day?? What on earth have you been eating. I take it you havent had 3 meals today.

Seriously if youre not going to eat your points you wont lose anything :(

I'm with starlight

9 Points ??? I could have that in my evening meal alone on ww - I did follow the plan but was on 19 points and tbh I was starving all the time and could easily have eaten double that amount of points.

It is true that it is best to all that is allowed otherwise you will not lose and you won't have anything to cut back on if the weightloss plateau's

Eat some chocolate or something you really enjoy to make your points up - obviously it is important to have a healthy balanced day but a little of what ya fancy will do no harm whatsoever.

Bev x

thanks for all the replies, i am understanding better now. i have always had the vision that to lose weight you need to starve and feel hnungry all the time, thats where i am going wrong i think and why i can never stick to it and binge. well i am nearly there, once my dinner is eaten (in a couple of mins mmmmmmm) i will be up to 24p thats assuming there are no points in bisto gravy made with water? so will have 6 left, and i know its late but i am determined to get them all in lol

hey assj how's it going? I had exactly the same problem to begin with on my first day i had 12 points left at about 9pm and had to force myself to eat some extra food but it gets easier. It is a completely different way of thinking about food. Even making little changes can make a big difference during the course of the day. For example instead of having a WW yog which can be as little as 0.5 swap it for a muller light which is 1.5 points or walkers baked crisps (1.5) for mccoys (3). Do that 5 times during the day and you have eaten an extra 5 or so points!! And on days you are running out of point just swap for the lower point alternative. xxx

I certainly haven't had that problem since... *sigh* xx

well i am nearly there, once my dinner is eaten (in a couple of mins mmmmmmm) i will be up to 24p thats assuming there are no points in bisto gravy made with water

Yes there is points in Bisto sadly lol

I have Flakes in the fridge and on the very rare occasion its late and i have points left i have one for 4 points
Seriously if you feel you are struggling to eat all your points dont use the diet versions of everything yet, indulge while you can they will soon be gone :D

oooo how many in the gravy i had about half a mug made up? dont know how many mls that is? i did the calculation with the calories and sat fat etc and it came 1.2 so i counted it as 1 point, would that be right?

Yeah i alwa say 1 if i have it thick or 0.5 if i have it thinner made up ;)

That's why Weight Watchers works where other diets don't - weight loss is achieved gradually and the main goal is to keep the weight off after you lose it.

Back