1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

How can I thicken my curry?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Wilkin87, 30 December 2010 Social URL.

1. Wilkin87

Wilkin87 Well-Known Member

Help!!! I have no cornflour and my curry doesn't seem to be thickening. What else can I add?

Cheers :p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. kim63

kim63 Well-Known Member

What sort of curry is it? My DH is a chef so can help.....but I would say either reduce the sauce, use ordinary flour & count the syns or use some tomato puree. Hope this helps

kim

4. Wilkin87

Thanks. I added some natural yoghurt and it thickened. It was the Slimming World Classic Curry and it was delicious!!! :clap:

5. MichelinMummy

MichelinMummy Well-Known Member

Bit too late now but I always chuck in a load of frozen spinach...thickens it up lovely and adds loads of nutrients too!

Failing that (and this is controversial I believe!) add some instant potato...works wonders!

6. Tiphareth

Tiphareth Well-Known Member

Finely chopped onions are used quite alot as a thickener for curries.

7. Wilkin87

Thanks everyone, I shall remember all of these tips next time I make it. :) x

8. WelshCake

WelshCake Well-Known Member

I use a grated potato simmered slowly

9. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

cauliflower too thickens though I always use potato.

10. gl12282

gl12282 Plodding on.......

Gravy granules I think also have some thickener in ? But you have to syn them.

Glad it was good though !

Gail x

11. ColJack

ColJack Well-Known Member

throw in some rice to absorb the excess liquid?
    you're going to have it on / with rice anyway presumably so a little bit that's already flavoured won't hurt..