1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I work out syns for general recipes?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by mishmai, 10 November 2010 Social URL.

1. mishmai

mishmai Member

Hi I need help working out the syn value of general recipes i.e. not slimming world recipes.

I love home baking and especially at Christmas time and i have lots of recipes where i know exactly the ingredients being used, the amounts and even the calories per portion but how can i work out syn value so i can incorporate these foods into my slimming world eating plan?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    Just by adding up the syns for all the ingredients and then dividding it by the portions
  4. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Slimming World
    it is easy really, dont count syns for ingredients which are free foods, and just work out he syns for the foods that are not free. Of course if you are doing extra easy, make sure a 1/3 superfree food is incorporated. HTH
  5. time2bslim

time2bslim Just doing it this time

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    it is difficult with ordinary recipes I agree.

However, if it's a bread pudding for instance you could use wm bread and count them as heb's - count the marg as how many tbsps (I don;'t know syns for marg) and flour for how many ounces (I think 4.5 syns per 2 oz - I might be wrong) etc etc - dried fruit is also pretty hefty where syns ar concerned.

THEN make the cake/pudding and divide it into how many slices and devide the syns into that many pieces also so you know how many syns per slice.

Another ROUGH - and this is very rough - it works out at approximately 1 syn per 20 calories so if your cake is 500 calories it would be approx 25 syns for the cake and then divide by how many slices you'd get out of it. THIS IS ROUGH GUIDES ONLY.

HTH somewhat.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.