Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How can this be????????

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by alexisemma31, 1 February 2011 Social URL.

1. alexisemma31

alexisemma31 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    I'm a Tuesday weigh in and in class later, but I always weigh myself at home on a weekend, just to see how I'm getting on.
    Now I know the scales home/SW are slightly different so I just track off my home scales. Before weigh in last week I was 11st 10lbs, on Saturday I was 11st 6lbs. I was thrilled but I had been really good and eaten lots of superfree & superspeed foods.

So I step on tonight before class and now I'm 11st 9lbs????? How on earth can I have put on 3lbs since Saturday? I've been really good, not had all my syns, kept a food diary etc.

Any ideas?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Krissybaby

Krissybaby Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Did you drink any alcohol on Friday night? You could have been dehydrated. I always weigh less when I've been out the night before but it catches up with me by the next day:(

4. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

Wait until the official weigh in - mid week weigh in's are not reliable.

x

5. alexisemma31

alexisemma31 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    No I don't drink alcohol.

6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Basically you didn't put on 3lb since saturday - it was a false reading. Your weight goes up and down every day by as much as 7lbs and that is why you should only stick to one weigh in a week. Any more frequent and the results can be horribly affected by a number of things including fluid retention/dehyrdation. There's even an argument for looking at your weight on a monthly basis to take into account hormonal changes.

7. alexisemma31

alexisemma31 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    right, no more weekend weigh ins!!!

8. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    amen sisters...
    I got on the scales yesterday as soon as I got home and I had lost 3lb since thursday... got on again tonight as soon as I got home and I've only lost 1...

9. Sparky67

Sparky67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Your cycle can have a big effect on some people (I always gain a couple of pounds due to water retention), eating very salty foods can also make you gain (water again - 2 pounds up after eating chinese meals for me). If you exercise it depends when you last did that - I always weigh low the day after I have exercised the evening before, but it is temporary. Also, what physically goes in and then comes out again can make your weight fluctuate from day to day.

I am a daily weigher, but I know that my weight can fluctuate by 2 pounds or more on a daily basis, and sometimes I get false highs and sometimes I can get false lows. As long as the overall trend goes in the right direction that's all that counts. I only record my official weight on a Sunday and it is frustrating when halfway through the week I am on for a good loss, then it suddenly goes up again.

gl12282 likes this.
  10. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wouldn't worry about that at all. I am going to strictly go by what the scales at my SW weigh in say I am, because I weighed myself on my new digital scales last night, and then weighed myself again a few hours later (because they are my new toy!) and I had gained 3lbs!

11. AwaywitheFairies

AwaywitheFairies Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    An interesting read, my weigh in's have gone the other way. I weigh once a week at home first thing in the morning on weigh in day and then at group that night. I know there is 1lb difference between my home scales and group scales.

In week 1 I know I lost 4lbs but my group weigh in came up as -6lbs, in week 2 I lost 1lb but group weigh in came up as -2lbs ????

Who knows why but its going in the right direction!

12. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I can step off my scales and straight back on and it can say I'm 2 lbs heavier... needs new batteries I think :)

13. suplizi

suplizi I see the light!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(35.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/maintaining
    I weigh lighter on a Friday, than I do the next Wednesday (official weighin). Moral of my story, don't get on the scales midweek! Easier said than done I suppose, in fact I should listen to my own advise!

Helen xxx

14. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    or.... stop drinking or eating all your syns on the weekend :)
    it has to be going back on from somewhere..

15. suplizi

suplizi I see the light!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(35.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/maintaining
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! *whistles*

H xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.