How can this be????????

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by alexisemma31, 1 February 2011 Social URL.

1. alexisemma31

alexisemma31 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    I'm a Tuesday weigh in and in class later, but I always weigh myself at home on a weekend, just to see how I'm getting on.
    Now I know the scales home/SW are slightly different so I just track off my home scales. Before weigh in last week I was 11st 10lbs, on Saturday I was 11st 6lbs. I was thrilled but I had been really good and eaten lots of superfree & superspeed foods.

So I step on tonight before class and now I'm 11st 9lbs????? How on earth can I have put on 3lbs since Saturday? I've been really good, not had all my syns, kept a food diary etc.

Any ideas?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Krissybaby

Krissybaby Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Did you drink any alcohol on Friday night? You could have been dehydrated. I always weigh less when I've been out the night before but it catches up with me by the next day:(

4. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

Wait until the official weigh in - mid week weigh in's are not reliable.

x

5. alexisemma31

alexisemma31 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    No I don't drink alcohol.

6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Basically you didn't put on 3lb since saturday - it was a false reading. Your weight goes up and down every day by as much as 7lbs and that is why you should only stick to one weigh in a week. Any more frequent and the results can be horribly affected by a number of things including fluid retention/dehyrdation. There's even an argument for looking at your weight on a monthly basis to take into account hormonal changes.

7. alexisemma31

alexisemma31 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    right, no more weekend weigh ins!!!

8. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    amen sisters...
    I got on the scales yesterday as soon as I got home and I had lost 3lb since thursday... got on again tonight as soon as I got home and I've only lost 1...

9. Sparky67

Sparky67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Your cycle can have a big effect on some people (I always gain a couple of pounds due to water retention), eating very salty foods can also make you gain (water again - 2 pounds up after eating chinese meals for me). If you exercise it depends when you last did that - I always weigh low the day after I have exercised the evening before, but it is temporary. Also, what physically goes in and then comes out again can make your weight fluctuate from day to day.

I am a daily weigher, but I know that my weight can fluctuate by 2 pounds or more on a daily basis, and sometimes I get false highs and sometimes I can get false lows. As long as the overall trend goes in the right direction that's all that counts. I only record my official weight on a Sunday and it is frustrating when halfway through the week I am on for a good loss, then it suddenly goes up again.

gl12282 likes this.
  10. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wouldn't worry about that at all. I am going to strictly go by what the scales at my SW weigh in say I am, because I weighed myself on my new digital scales last night, and then weighed myself again a few hours later (because they are my new toy!) and I had gained 3lbs!

11. AwaywitheFairies

AwaywitheFairies Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    An interesting read, my weigh in's have gone the other way. I weigh once a week at home first thing in the morning on weigh in day and then at group that night. I know there is 1lb difference between my home scales and group scales.

In week 1 I know I lost 4lbs but my group weigh in came up as -6lbs, in week 2 I lost 1lb but group weigh in came up as -2lbs ????

Who knows why but its going in the right direction!

12. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I can step off my scales and straight back on and it can say I'm 2 lbs heavier... needs new batteries I think :)

13. suplizi

suplizi I see the light!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(35.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/maintaining
    I weigh lighter on a Friday, than I do the next Wednesday (official weighin). Moral of my story, don't get on the scales midweek! Easier said than done I suppose, in fact I should listen to my own advise!

Helen xxx

14. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    or.... stop drinking or eating all your syns on the weekend :)
    it has to be going back on from somewhere..

15. suplizi

suplizi I see the light!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(35.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/maintaining
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! *whistles*

H xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.