How can you make this stuff taste better ? ?

craigie_d2000

Hi Guy's
1st day today and im a bit left and right about proper portions per day
I have had a shake and soup and plenty of water is that correct for men?:confused:

Also does anyone know how to make the stuff taste better both items i have had today just taste like chalky water:jelous:

There has to be ways i thought of warming the vanilla shake and adding coffee is that allowed?

Any input would be gratefully recieved;)

Im not on LT but thats exactly what I do with my Exante vanilla shakes, make them with boiling water and add coffee and theyre absolutely gorgeous, like a sweet latte :)

one spoon full of instant coffee in the vanilla shake, helps. Chilli powder or pepper in the soup, helps. Using a blender and beating the hell out of them, helps. Thinking of them as medicine to make make you thinner, helps. But whatever you do they will never taste good as it part of the idea to wean us off eating.

If you can keep at this diet the results are fantastic more pounds lost per week than most diets manage in a month.

I set myself mini targets such as - get through today - last to end of the week etc etc

Good luck

Hi Guy's
1st day today and im a bit left and right about proper portions per day
I have had a shake and soup and plenty of water is that correct for men?:confused:

Also does anyone know how to make the stuff taste better both items i have had today just taste like chalky water:jelous:

There has to be ways i thought of warming the vanilla shake and adding coffee is that allowed?

Any input would be gratefully recieved;)

Personally Craig, I think that making them with hot water makes them more disgusting than ever! But at the end of the day it's all down to personal taste!

Good luck, the results are more than with it x

Personally Craig, I think that making them with hot water makes them more disgusting than ever! But at the end of the day it's all down to personal taste!

Good luck, the results are more than with it x

oh god i so agree there, some love it but i cant drink them at all warm apart from the soup which has to be bioling hot so have to sip it, even warm it tastes horrid:jelous:

the vanilla i add, ice, water, coffee and sweetners blend and its yummy

the choc i do same as above

the strawberry i just add ice and water, its sweet enough now for me, sometimes i can drink the strawberry with just water, but has to be more then stated so its more watery, too thick and im gipping

the soup, i blend warm with pepper, lots of water and a drop or two of bouilion, then heat till red hot in micro wave, then sip, its yummy:D

Thanks folks
will try some of those i think i need to get hold of a blender

Morrisons and asda have them for around £10. You do not need anything fancy just the basic model

With the choc shake....I sometimes make it to taste like mint hot choc.....soak some mint in hot water...remove the leaves after stewing for a couple of mins and it to the shake when blending with water. Not too bad!

I found that they seems to taste better as the days go on..is this just me?
x

Adding sweeteners to shakes does help them go down better i think. I read on another post on here that if you make a peppermint tea and then add the water to a chocolate shake it makes Hot mint chocolate shake! I am going to try this - hehe.
Best of luck, luv Chesca x

:p
Thanks guy's keep them coming i had a strawberry shake for lunch got well excited when it was pink and thought it could have been the real deal! However vanilla with some colouring:cry:
@ Chesca how you finding it ?
i have been fine although its only day 2 and i found myself going to bed earlier lasty night as i started to get peckish! Best of luck to you:D

Cold peppermint tea... In chocolate, but I use 350ml of peppermint tea

And I've always made the soup with 400ml

If it's the chalky taste you don't like definately mix with more liquid

:p
Thanks guy's keep them coming i had a strawberry shake for lunch got well excited when it was pink and thought it could have been the real deal! However vanilla with some colouring:cry:
@ Chesca how you finding it ?
i have been fine although its only day 2 and i found myself going to bed earlier lasty night as i started to get peckish! Best of luck to you:D

if you want a really fruity strawberry shake, then make a strong raspberry leaf tea, not just like twinings not allowed, but they sell rasberry LEAF teabags in holland and barrets, 1.29 for 20, bargain, lovely to drink alone too as a change to black coffee, but anyway let it cool then blend with your strawberry shake, its fantastic

oh god i so agree there, some love it but i cant drink them at all warm apart from the soup which has to be bioling hot so have to sip it, even warm it tastes horrid:jelous:

the vanilla i add, ice, water, coffee and sweetners blend and its yummy

the choc i do same as above

the strawberry i just add ice and water, its sweet enough now for me, sometimes i can drink the strawberry with just water, but has to be more then stated so its more watery, too thick and im gipping

the soup, i blend warm with pepper, lots of water and a drop or two of bouilion, then heat till red hot in micro wave, then sip, its yummy:D

totally agree, i do all of these things :)
I also find if you add a bit extra water to the soup, it's less chalky, but deffo boiling water and everything else ice cold and 2x hermesetes.
The blender is an absolute must, the shakers are a waste of time and everything usually ends up on the floor or on yourself.

think i may have to try them
i am going to get some mint today to also to blend in with the choco shake:p
day 3 today feeling fine just dont look forward to drinking the shakes:cry:

Hi. I must agree about shakes. They are not fun. Some people recommend making the choc shake with hot water and it tastes like hot choc but personally I find that awful. I find the best way to take shakes is to make them with really cold water, add ice cubes and shake till your arm drops off or you can get a mini battery operated blender that works well. I think Betterware sell them.

i have just had a chocolate mousse for lunch which was quite pallatable:D
so i will try that with the vanilla shake if the dont work i will do it warm and add coffee:rolleyes:
Lord only knows how to rescue the chicken soup:eek:
But day 3 now and feeling pretty fine cooking breakfast in my hotel regulary and cooked for friends last night not feeling hungry;)

i have just completed day 1 and have to say the same - they are not the nicest things in the world to take!! but some great ideas there - think i'll be tryin them soon!

But day 3 now and feeling pretty fine cooking breakfast in my hotel regulary and cooked for friends last night not feeling hungry;)
well done Craig!
that really cant be easy
Jliue

Last edited:
anyone know if your allowed flavoured leaf tea:wave_cry:
the green leaf tea is so bloody bland

Back