HOW DID I DO THAT?

grom

Banned
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Gained 1.5 lbs at this morning's WW weight in!
So what did I do?
Macdonalds of course.
GRRRRRRRRR
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Aw, Grom...what a shame.

did you eat the whole of the menu???? don't go there again unless you can discipline yourself to the salad option - its far too dangerous!

Rosie x

Oh hun i am very sorry for your 1.5 gain,dont worry hun that will be off next week.

Didn't eat the whole menu - my wekness is for a drive by breakfast meal - I mean it doesn't count if no one sees you eat it does it ??

Didn't eat the whole menu - my wekness is for a drive by breakfast meal - I mean it doesn't count if no one sees you eat it does it ??

Well, if there was any justice in the world, it wouldn't count....did you get stuck in a loop and go round a few times - wearing disguises etc.

They do oatso simple there too...not as nice I know, but nicer on the scales.

Aww grom, sorry to hear that.
Put it behind you, whats done is done, and look forward to a healthier week ahead :)

don't go there again unless you can discipline yourself to the salad option

erm, actually, the salads arn't as healthy as you might think........
suffice to say, the Bacon strip "salad" from McDonalds has MORE fat and just as much cholesterol as a BIG MAC. Fact.

check out
Fast Food Salads High in Fat - Healthy Recipes, Nutrition and Cooking Tips to Improve Health or Lose Weight on MedicineNet.com

for more info.

scary huh? :eek::cry:

Aw thanks Pete :wave_cry:
Does 'putting it behind me' mean eating a chocolate brownie that someone gave me - Oh and a packet of crisps?? Behind growing as we speak .................
:cry:

....I have only ever had the grilled chicken salad and on the paper thing on the tray it says 185 cals and not a lot of sat fat (can't remember off the top of my head) but did use calc at the time and it was 3 points....

Have I gone very wrong.....

the ones on the article looked like american ones with all sorts of fancy dressings etc - as long as you go with the balsamic one, you should be fine here.

Anyhow....you didn't have the salad, so its not that relevant anyway

Start afresh tomorrow......it will all come good

rosie xx

I would just have the McDonalds and enjoy it! ha ha! then watch points for rest of week! You will be fine next week honey!! Be positive! :D

It happened and things do happen hun were human, i gained 1.5 this week and suprise suprise I also had 2 mcdonalds this week, I didnt eat the whole menu either (which is a bit mean to suggest I think, were supposed to be supporting) Keep on going on, easiest thing is to give up coz uve had a small blip but ur going to battle on the same as me! Go girl xx

McDonalds is evil ;)

Good luck for next week though, pounds that go on quick tend to go off quick in my experience.

Dinka Donka, I think Rosie was expressing surprise that a McD's could cause a 1.5lb gain, not being unsupportive of Grom. Perhaps you're feeling a bit sensitive because you also went to McD's and gained?

Last edited:
No not at all, I know why I gained 1.5lbs lol I ate too much and didnt work it off. I just think its a slightly insensitive comment almost like a joke, just voicing my opinion, I know she wasnt meaning to be nasty it just didnt come accross very well. If someone had wrote that on my thread I would feel a bit hurt and wud hope someone wud speak up thats all, I know she prob didnt mean it in a hurtful way but I gasped when I read it thats all so felt i should say something in defense.

Hey, don't blame McDonalds :p I've been working there since starting the diet and the free lunches haven't stopped me losing nearly a stone! In fact, I've lost less this week I've been away for work experience than I usually do! If you want McDs go for the chicken options or small burgers, don't go large, and definately don't drink the milkshakes! I am a McDs point calculator is anyone needs it ;)

Edit: Not aimed at you Grom, just read it back sounds like I'm saying don't blame McDonalds for the gain. Just in general, McDonalds isn't bad if you choose the right things.

No not at all, I know why I gained 1.5lbs lol I ate too much and didnt work it off. I just think its a slightly insensitive comment almost like a joke, just voicing my opinion, I know she wasnt meaning to be nasty it just didnt come accross very well. If someone had wrote that on my thread I would feel a bit hurt and wud hope someone wud speak up thats all, I know she prob didnt mean it in a hurtful way but I gasped when I read it thats all so felt i should say something in defense.

Point taken. Good luck to you for next week too btw.

lol the new cheese dippers are gorgeous but very naughty, i think its 6pts for the 4 dippers!! worth it thoguh lol

I had a McDs yesterday for the first time since i started this diet. I am so going to gain this week :/ I have been so naughty!

Jess, how many points would there be in a plain mcChicken sandwich (no mayo)? That's what I had yesterday (with water). ooops and med fries hehehe

Oooh, they are yummy indeed. I think 6 points isn't too bad for cheese. Don't think you could fit them in with fries and a main unless you had mega points though! Only 1 point more than medium fries though so good fries substitute :)

I had a McDs yesterday for the first time since i started this diet. I am so going to gain this week :/ I have been so naughty!

Jess, how many points would there be in a plain mcChicken sandwich (no mayo)? That's what I had yesterday (with water). ooops and med fries hehehe

Not much actually! There are 6 points in a McChicken sandwich, so probably 5 without mayo. Medium fries is 5 as well. The water is 10 points though, Lea, you've blown it! :p

HaHa...thanks Jess. I knew I shouldn't have had that water lol!

I did guess at 5 so not bad eh?

Back