How did we come so far...........

botozi

During my search on this site i'm asking my self what made us all overweighted or obese? Pure from eating huges amounts of bad food perhaps and why do we do that. Or maybe you became overweighted because of a disease? Come on girls, tell me your story.

Hugs
botozi

An uncontollably sweet tooth was my downfall. Got worse over the years to the point where I wasn't actually eating proper food anymore and my diet consisted of chocolate, cereal, cakes etc. Very rarely did I eat a meal, holidays and when going out but apart from that just junk. I don't believe there is any underlying reason other than I ate what I enjoyed, I got fat, got depressed, ate more rubbish, got fatter and so we enter the viscious spiral!!

Gxx

There's always talk about the "real reasons" people put on weight, deep seated emotional issues etc, but my reason was simply that I'm greedy! I love tasty food, and having settled into domestic bliss thought nothing of eating 3 chocolate bars a night, having takeaways, etc, just generally being a pig :D

I don't think I have any issues about food, I know all about healthy eating and exactly what I should be eating, which is why I'm doing CD - the quicker I lose this weight the quicker I can start eating properly, with treats in moderation :)

Corinne x

Food was merely an outlet for me to use as I hadn't dealt with my real problems and my little mind needed to find a way to relieve the pressure and food was it.

M.

The reason i put on weight was very simple , not eating junk food but portions that were way too big and an overload of carbs (bread, bread and more bread) which with pcos was one of the worst food groups for me to be greedy on.

Julesrush

Um, off topic - love the new picture Mike, you look gorgeous!!!

Love

Mine is a combination of simply liking food and having huge portions,and comfort eating, and never feeling full...and when I say never I do mean never.I could easily eat a huge roast meal, followed by a desert, and then still snack all evening.I just never feel full.

I gained my weight during my first pregnancy. Had planned to have a healthy active pregnancy but that all went out the window, first 3 months I had all day sickness, so didnt gain any weight. Then from month 4 all I wanted to eat was carby foods ... mainly lived on cheese and potato pie and beans and take aways. My partner was working a 2 hour drive away from home till after the birth and so he would grab a take away most nights on his way home for us, so I was eating unhealthy, large portions and was not as active as I had been due to .... cant remember what they call it now but, its where your pubic bones rub together and its very painful to even walk to the loo!

After the birth I didnt do a lot about the weight I had gained, then when I did and lost a stone and a half I fell pregnant again, didnt gain very much with this one had just gained the one and a half stone back ... roll on 3 years later and here I am.

i have pcos and insulin resistance so went from being an underweight child to being over weight, couple of things happened as a young adult and i used food. at 23 i had my wee girl, was 25 weeks pregnant, she was soooo ill and spent most of her first year in hospital, i was living on canteen food, takeaways and plenty of junk as i comfort ate, just couldnt cope with losing her ( very nearly did but shes a fighter ) now need to get rid of the weight for her sake

An uncontollably sweet tooth was my downfall. Got worse over the years to the point where I wasn't actually eating proper food anymore and my diet consisted of chocolate, cereal, cakes etc. Very rarely did I eat a meal, holidays and when going out but apart from that just junk. I don't believe there is any underlying reason other than I ate what I enjoyed, I got fat, got depressed, ate more rubbish, got fatter and so we enter the viscious spiral!!

Gxx

OMG Georgie...This could have been me writing that. I would think nothing of having sweets and chocolate instead of a meal..rarely ate a proper meal. I ate all day long.

I've always been big, my mum says I was a 'sturdy' toddler but after I had my tonsils out at 7 piled it on. Food was a reward, a cuddle, a treat, you name it food was my crutch. I was terribly shy and didn't have many friends then when I started working I had friends and then started going to the pub at lunch, buying treats all the time. Food was all I ever thought about then I got pregnant and ate even more, after my emergency c section couldn't be bothered to stand and cook so ate whatever gave me a quick energy rush and that carried on. I now see I had depression too and my son has never slept more than four hours at a time alone so food was a great big fluffy comfort blanket. now I just have a great big fluffy dressing gown to keep me warm hee hee. I'm in charge now ((she shouts at the kitchen))

Sarah.. it's funny you should type that because I had the same experience.

I was a skinny little runt until I was about 8/9 years old. I had my tonsils out, and then started to gain weight. I've also heard this from someone else. I would love a real medical opinion on this... I find when telling a doctor, they just seem to let the words fly over their heads and just hear "I EAT CAKE I EAT CAKE"... frustrating.

Back