How did you set your target weight?

ninnins

SW ROCKS!
I was just wondering how everyone set their target weight?

Did you go by BMI or just to a weight that you were happy with?

My target is still considered overweight according to BMI although it is a weight I remember being happy with and know Ill never be stick thin!

But who knows when I get there maybe I will lower it a bit again?!

What about everyone else?

In my head I have a target of 10st 7lbs - I've always had boobs and a bum so I know I won't ever be smaller.

Sometimes it feels like a massive mountain to climb but I have been there before so I know it's achieveable. Just hard not to beat myself up for getting this big... :sigh:

I consider 9stone to be healthy for my height and a little slender, I want to remain girly and feminine with curves to boot. Any thinner and I'd feel uncomfortable I think.

i'm aiming for 140lbs which will give me a healthy BMI but I know i'll stop when i'm happy with myself, as long as that happiness is within a healthy weight range for my height xx

Ive changed my target three times now, might even change this one too to be honest. I think you should set it at what ever you think will make you happy hun x

I picked a target of 135lbs because it's a nice number and it would be exactly 3.5stone loss. However I plan to reassess at 144lbs to really see if it's achievable.

I set my initial Target at 13 stone as it was what I was when I got married and the thinnest I ever wa as an adult. I then changed it to 10 stone 13lb as this took me into a 'healthy' BMI range and was exactly 8 stone loss.

I am not ruling out changing it again when I get there- I have no idea how I will look/feel at this weight as have never been as light as I currently am as an adult.

xxx

It is really interested reading people's replies. I was having this actual debate with my friends yesterday. I have never been a normal weight, I can remember being 13 and having size 14-15 knickers and then being 15 and being a size 16.. I was never a 10, 12, 14...etc all the way up to my biggest 10 weeks ago at a 24!.. I am now a 20!..

I would love to say I want to be a size 10/12... but what weight is that?? I can't randomly go up to someone in the street and say 'excuse me, you look a nice size. How much do you weigh?!' nooot.. the type of thing you do is it! lol xx

I want to get to 10 stone 7 as I want to have curves and know that when I was less weight than that I was way too skinny, so based my target on what I remember. I've always carried weight really well because I am very broad. So have to be careful not to go to low otherwise I look like a boney skeleton lol

I'm 5'3" and aiming for 10st 3lb. That will put my BMI as only slightly overweight but I really want to hit the 100lb loss and then stop there - it's a nice even figure and feels like an achievement! A few pounds here or there isn't going to make a difference to me and ideally I'd like to be a size 12 and I think at that weight it will do it.

Who knows though - when I get there I might want to lose a further 4lb just to say I'm 9-something which I've never been in my life!!

I kind of guessed and said 11 stone (I'm quite tall at 5" 9), which puts me bang in the middle of a healthy BMI. I've got a friend of similar height whos 10st 7lb and she looks really good, so if I feel its achievable once I get to 11 stone then i'll probably reset! x

I went partly by BMI, and partly by what I was like when I got down to 11 stone years ago- I was just starting to get into size 12 clothes and could definitely have done with losing a few more pounds, so I'm going for 10 stone 10 lb and I can always lower my target if I really want to because I'm currently aiming for a BMI of 24 so there's scope! I'd love to be a very comfortable size 12!X

I went for the lowest weight I'd been happy with (10st 7), but then wanted to be solidly into 'normal' BMI (10st)

Even if you want to get lower, set your target at something within easy reach, then when you get there you won't have to pay to go to classes until you are 3lbs below that target. Then, set another target at just half a stone less than the original target, so you'll only have to pay for the amount of time it takes to lose 4lbs. Then, repeat until you get to where you want to be!

I went by BMI, but I used Fuel the Mind, because rather than the impossible to achieve weights I was being given, it gives a BMI that suits your frame as well. Then I picked 8st 8lbs, because it's nice and round, and also because it'd be 2 1/2st loss. I like even numbers >.<

I looked at the BMI range for my height, and picked a weight squarely in the middle of the "healthy" section, which turned out to be 10st. :) I've never been a healthy weight though, not since I was a kid (I can remember being 14 and being 12 1/2 st then) so it's a bit of a stab in the dark. Have to see how I get on really. :)

I set my initial target at the top end of the healthy range. Now I am bang in the middle of the healthy range.

15 years ago I was very fit, weighed 10 stone and was a size 12. So I set my target at 10 stone. But once I got there I found I was more a size 10 and clothes I'd kept from then (including my fab skinny fit leather trousers) are too big. I am very fit and pretty toned, but feel I could do with losing a bit more flab from around the middle, so I've set my target half a stone lower. I'm currently stuck 5.5 pounds above target but working on it.

Back