How do I cook Chicken Breasts in my Actifry?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Gettingthinnerbytheday, 23 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do I cook them without the paddle in or leave that in to push them round?:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Don't!

cut them into thin strips, or bite-size chunks. Or if you want to have fillets, stick to the conventional way.

I've tried fillet, strips and chunks in the Actifry. The fillet had to be finished off in the oven. The others were fine though:)

4. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    you'd be better off with a george for the whole breast..

5. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Or why don't you cook them on top of a bed of tomato, onion and red peppers. Don't add any liquid, just sprinkle some salt onto the tomato etc, pop the chicken breast on top, put a lid on the pan. Bring to top heat slowly and them turn it down to low and steam the chicken through the veg. It is a delicious way to cook chicken breast which tends to be dry if cooked on it's own. It makes it's own liquid which is a really nice sauce for your potato or whatever you are serving it with.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.