How do I deal with going out to dinner?

Jewel

Hi all, I know this must be a common problem, but I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips!? I'm on my second day and it's going fine so far, but in about ten days time I have to go out to dinner with my graduating class from college and lecturers. I really can't avoid going, and it will be my last chance to see a lot of these people so I would hate to miss it. To make matters worse it's an Italian restaurant, so lovely carbs everywhere!:) I really, really don't want to draw attention to myself by not eating, but also really freaked out by the thought of undoing lots of good work by then! Would it be a major setback to eat a tiny bit of chicken and veg? Should I just have one or two shakes that day to account for the extra calories? Many thanks in advance for any help!

Tough one....

Last time around, i was away on a conference with work and had to go out for lunch with the other members of the trip. I asked the waitress in the restaurant for a mug and discretely poured my choc shake into it bit at a time throughout the hour..... Only the people sitting near me realised what i was doing but didnt bring attention to it.

If you have to eat, avoid anything with carbs and stick to green salad and protein.

its a difficult one,had this problem only tonight and another one tomorrow but after this no hiccups. If you are going to eat, enjoy perhaps as mentioned a chicken breast with some salad but dont beat yourself up about it. Other thing is to say you have a dodgy tummy? and want to be sure and didn't want to miss the gathering...
Good luck what ever you decide.

I did LL and CD and attended socail functions and didnt even share that i was on a vlcd

I would just drink water or sparkling water ... and say that i had a dodgy tummy.....

That i was on a low carb diet and didnt eat eat after a certain time.

that i had just eaten cos i had another meal booked in same day so had timed it just before this one as it couldnt be re arranged to another day... but didnt want to miss out on a last catch up with these friends x

It is better if ya can avoid the food if possible from experience ;)

Hi,

I attended lots of social occasions and managed to get away without eating (at a couple of barbeques I did have a plate of food then got my children to whisk it away so people didn't know I was not eating!)

If you can get away without eating then go for it, a tummy bug is aways a good get out clause!!! If you can't get away without eating then, as shivers says, stick to lean protein and veggies. If you look in the refeed section then Nicki has posted a thread with foods that will keep you in ketosis, stick with them.

The only problem with eating anything is sometimes it can lead to nibbling so just be aware of that and you'll be fine!

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

x

all great tips ...if I manage to start LT this week its my mums Bday at weekend which prob will mean a meal out... oh no

Back