How do I get an Avatar please?

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
Could someone tell how I get an Avatar on my profile page on the left of the screen...

I managed to sort out my ticker.......but I am foxed on how to get an Avatar.

I will be grateful for your advice.......many thanks. X :confused:

Squiddie, I don't know what I am doing wrong but I cannot access an avatar....I was chuffed with myself for managing to upload my ticker - but the avatar has got me stumped.

I am not PC literate in a lot of things, although I learn something new every day, but this has me stumped.....

Could you or anyone help me please............I would be so grateful.

i might be 50 posts, not sure but i had to wait awhile till i had the option to add an avatar

I noticed you've got passed 50 posts are you having any better luck?

Remember, it doesn't necessarily kick in immediately you hit 50 posts - the forum has to 'catch up' with you, so it might be later in the day or even the next day. :)

No.....I don't know what I am doing wrong but I just can't get it to work, I've found a lovely avatar too, I am not very PC literate on 'fiddly' things as I call them but I either learn by my mistakes or some other way eventually, but this has got me stumped....I would welcome any advice please,.

I get stuck on 'Uploading it from my PC' I don't know where I am going wrong, it's so annoying....

Hi, hopefully this might help. Click on to UserCP at top left of screen. Then on the menu that appears go to edit avatar (i think is what it says). If you can add an avatar you will see the bottom half of the screen offers custom avatar, click in the little circle next to "use custom avatar" . Once you have done this you need to click in the option 2 box towards the bottom of the screen, then click on "browse" . This will let you choose an image on your computer but you can not exceed the maximum size noted. Once you have chosen the image then press enter. Finally at the bottom of the minimins screen click on "save changes" and voila you will have an avatar. i would just say that the asdministrator can stop you having an avatar, so that could be the probelm. Hope this helps :D

If you still have a problem after Chuffy's instructions, send me a pm and I'll see what I can do for you :)

Grrrrrrr.......still having problems, if only my son was here, but he is back packing in New Zealand, he would have had it up and running in a flash.

I am leaving it for today if I try any longer I shall kick the PC, I'll try again tomorrow, oh, I hate giving up!!!

Do you know what format you have it in? Gif? Png? etc

If the avatar is on a website or if you have a photobucket (or similar) account, you can just copy the image address and put it in the first box...then you wont need to upload.

No probs sending it to me, if you want me to have a go..

Back