How do i get back on track?

rainyncadiebell

Hi ladies, need some advice on how to get back on track.Started slimming world jan last year and went from 11st to 9st 8lb which i felt so good at that weight. T hen i got cocky and started going back to eating my old ways and im now back to 10st 10llb and feel dreadful!! I keep trying to remind myself how good i felt them and am disgusted with myself with the weight im at but yet im still doing nothing about it, like im stuck in a cycle i cant get out of. Im off away for the weekend, kid free which never happens,instead of looking forward to it im dreading it, gone through all my wardrobe and nothing fits and i would rather just stay at home, eat rubbish in my dressing gown!!! Honestly, how do i get myself back on it?? Any suggestions who be fab xxxxx:cry:

I've only been doing sw for 3 weeks, but you know yourself it works! Get yourself organised and get the right foods in and plan what your going to have this week. Don't dwell on the fact that youve put some weight back on but think about the goal of the weight your going to lose and how fab your going to look when you get there.

Enjoy your weekend away, especially as it's child free! Just make sure you pick good choices when you go out to eat! If you know where you might be eating have a look online and see if they've got an online menu then you can plan what your going to have.

Have a fantastic weekend away xx

I know exactly what you mean, I've been doing SW for years now off and on and never got to target once. This times different I'm determined and over the years I've learnt a few things, each week I get weighed I feel like it's a fresh start what ever I've done the week before it's been and gone.
I treat each day as a fresh start I try not to dwell on the day before can't change it so forget it and do my best for that day.
I never weigh myself midweek realised a while ago that no matter what the scales say it's detrimental and knocks me right off track.
I think of my SW journey as a journey, before you set off on a journey be it a short or long one you always plan, you know what road your going to take, you know what services your going to stop at, well SW is just the same and just any journey now and then something unexpected will crop up and you may find you have to take a detour and go off track a bit, you just have to take the right turning and your back on the right road.
I also visualise being where I want to be and feeling how it would feel, nothing tastes as good as that feeling of getting into those jeans :)

hey im kind of similar, i started last april - August and lost 2 stone... 14st-12stone..
Anyway my once a month treat became once a week, my syn freddo bar became a high syned snicker bar, etc etc and just started again!! i say luckily but its not but i only gained another stone, so im at almost 13st this time!!

im not going to group just online as one of reasons i left was babysitting issues with children so this way i feel like i can do it.

one thing changing this time is im only relying on slimming world for 50% of weight lost i want to try get a sport hobby of some kind to help with fitness.

good luck we can do it :)

I did the same thing a couple years ago. Got cocky and gained back my weight. But looking back over the past couple of years I could see how unhappy I was with my weight, so this time I'm determined not to go back again. This time I will weigh in every single week, never missing one that way I can keep an eye on things and make adjustments as I go along.

I think MandiNKel's post is spot on, couldn't have said it better myself.

Good luck!

Have an amnesty - throw all the junk away and go shopping for SW food.
Start now - don't wait until tomorrow or until after that big event. Once you get back into the swing of things you'll be laughing, and much happier.

never weigh myself midweek realised a while ago that no matter what the scales say it's detrimental and knocks me right off track

i have to agree with this bit from mandiNKels post if i weigh mid week and i've stayed the same or put on i think sod it and binge and if i get on and have lost i think i've been good and binge seems like i have to sabotage my weight loss so i only weigh once a week (but at the moment am not weighing for a month) then i think there is less pressure on me and hopefully i will stick with it. good luck val x

Back