How do I get motivated when I know I won't be losing weight?

JosieDelonge

Hiya,

I've been a member for over a year now and in that time I have lost over a stone and a half.

However, I have veered from plan, mainly due to suffering horrible morning sickness which put me off almost all food known to man.

I'm trying to get back on track now, mainly for the health benefits, but I'm finding it so hard to do. Mainly it's getting my head around the fact that I won't be losing any more weight.

When I sat in the meeting the other night listening to everyones losses of 1, 2 or 3lbs it just made me feel a bit sad as all I can hope for is to maintain for as long as I can before the baby weight hits.

I don't have a problem with getting bigger as such as it's obviously normal to put on weight when pregnant. I think I'm struggling with the fact that it took me ages to lose that weight and now it's all going to go back on. I guess I'm heading in to "what's the point?" thoughts although the most obvious point is to not put on useless weight along with the baby weight by overeating!

Meh. I'm going to head over to the recipes section and see if anything inspires me. I'm just feeling a bit down that all my hard work will be undone and I can't do anything about it except stay healthy for the baby's sake. :(

Think of it as a longer term investment than immediate weight loss.

What you gain in baby weight now will be far less if you stick to plan than if you go off plan and eat any old stuff. Once the baby is out you will have a huge advantage and be about where you were at the start, if not even better off, and you will have given you and the baba a great healthy start to your new lives.

There is a reason why SW is the only recommended medically weightloss plan for pregnancy. If it wasnt going to be of benefit to you during pregnancy they wouldnt allow you to do it.

Think of it as preparation, and damage limitation. You will reap the benefits later.

Don't see it as hard work being undone but rather preventing you from having to deal with the hard work of losing excess baby weight afterwards!

I've never been pregnant so I'm probably not the best person to be dishing out advice but having seen how miserable my sister in law is 18 months after giving birth and still having so much weight to lose is heartbreaking - stick with it - will be worth it for your health as well as the baby's :)

Back