how do i know when i am in ketosis?

yummy mummy

Silver Member
any one help me coz i havent got a clue?:confused:

well, you can't tell for sure without using the ketostix thingies that you test your urine on....

But the symptoms are a funny taste in mouth (mine sort of furry), no hunger pangs and some people feel quite energetic and elated.

Unfortunately you may or may not get any or all of the symptoms....

If you have been sticking to a VLCD for more than a couple of days its almost certain you will be in ketosis.

Mags
xxx

Yeah I knew straight away cos I woke up with this disgusting taste in my mouth!! So far that's the only downside I've found, other than not eating of course!!:)

I started on 31/1/07 on sole source and am down 25 lbs in 3 weeks, and boy it feels good.
Good luck with your journey

Hi

I didn't have a clue either!!!

on day 4 I went to boots and bought some ketostix, they cost just over £5. If you get some just follow the instructions and see if the little stick turns pink, I'm sure it will and then you'll know for sure.

Good luck
Tracey
x

Ill jump on and stick me two pennorth in!!!

If you are following the diet correctly then whether you test positive for Ketosis or not then the weight will drop off.

Some people love seeing the pink strip, Me, I never bothered, and the strips are a guide, some people can test all through the diet and it never shows pink!!!

Rancid breath, gold spot at the ready, slight headache on first waking up, glass of water gets rid of that, energy, get cleaning!! and no physical hunger pangs, yey!!! Thats what I had and it worked for me!!

Ill jump on and stick me two pennorth in!!!

If you are following the diet correctly then whether you test positive for Ketosis or not then the weight will drop off.

Some people love seeing the pink strip, Me, I never bothered, and the strips are a guide, some people can test all through the diet and it never shows pink!!!

Rancid breath, gold spot at the ready, slight headache on first waking up, glass of water gets rid of that, energy, get cleaning!! and no physical hunger pangs, yey!!! Thats what I had and it worked for me!!

lol! wish I'd read something like this before, then I wouldn't have wasted my £5:eek:

Tracey
x

thanks everyone, ive got the rancid breath but thats it really and i have no energy. and well done tartan lass that much weight in such a small time. lets see howmy weigh in goes tomorrow. cant wait my scales are really unpredictable but still like to see what they say.hasnt been bad yet

thanks ihope its morethan what my scales say thats where ive got my first boost on my tracker from. ill keep you informed

Have you had any food other than your packs?Did you test just after eating a pack?That can sometimes show no ketosis.Have you drunk a lot of water today?

After pinching literally a piece of grilled chicken the size of a bottle lid from my Mums plate last night, I went into Boots and asked for Ketostix. Apprehensive after seeing other experiences on here, with questions being asked, the pharmacist literally went into the back, got them for me, I paid the £5.15 and i'm happy to report I am still producing Ketones! :) YAY! But I felt sooo bad yesterday after literally just having a bite. Ooops. Never again!

Back