How do I know when I'm at target?

Busy_mam

My inital thing after my baby was born and I was 13 stone exactly was to lose 1lb a week before his 1st birthday.

When I started SW I was 12s9.5lbs and they set my intrim target at 10 stone, I knew this wasn't low enough for me so at 10s2 I changed it to 9s9.5lbs a full 3 stone still higher than my initial plan I'm at 9s12.5lbs at the moment but not sure if my target is ok or I should keep going till I'm down to 9st4 like I originaly wanted.

My husband and dad have told me not to lose anymore my mam is saying the same and comes to SW with me I'm not sure I'm a 12/14 bottom and a 10 top.

I'm so confused as I don't know what to do

I would go by how you feel. you are within healthy range BMI wise so, go by how your clothes feel and how you feel.

well done xxx

I think you should decide by how you feel yourself, but i think it is nice for you to be given guidance by your family. They have supported your weight loss until now, but now they feel that you are slim enough so you should consider whether they have a point before deciding to lose more or call target now.

My husband has never commented on my weight going up or down and has always said that he's happy as long as I'm happy. Lately he's said that he thinks I've lost enough weight now, so I think he must really believe this for him to say it.
I'm only 5'2" but I remember some years ago when I got to target my leader stopped me at 9st 7lb and said that she'd only just realised that I was getting too thin, I have a large frame.
The weight charts are only for guidance, so it could be that you are slim enough.

You need to spend some time with yourself.. figure this out.

you need to ask yourself if YOU are happy. are YOU comfortable with yourself?

and i'd say, you'l know when your at target, because your first thought when you get dressed in the morning won't be.. oh i dont know if i'l look right in that? youl put it on and know you look good.

you lose as much as you want, as long as your happy and HEALTHY.

aslong as your healthy and look healthy, thats all that matters. x

I agree with Nicky, only you can decide. I've lost a lot of weight but I'm about half way along the overweight BMI range so I know I still have a lot to lose. However, everyone can't believe that I'm still in the overweight category and that I still have over a stone to lose.

My aim is to get to the weight I was before I had my first baby. I was 8 and a half stone and even then I'd spent most of my time trying to lose weight. Therefore I know this is an attainable weight for me and I won't look anorexic. However, to my friends who are used to seeing a large me, I will probably look a shadow of my former self and too them I'll look too thin. My sister has successfully got down to 7 and a half stone and is only an inch smaller than me. She looks fabulous and not too skinny at all. I have a similar frame to her, so when I reach 8 and a half stone I may want to go a bit lower. At that weight I should comfortably fit into a size 10 which is my ultimate aim.

I've probably waffled on a bit here, but you need to find a weight you are happy with and you can't always rely on what other people say.

Hi,
I'm the same height as you and my target is 10 stone, at which I am happy and a comfortable size 12. I'd love to be 9st7 but I'd need to work hard to get there and as it took me 14months to get to Target I didn't want to spend any more time losing when I was quite happy at 10stone. My initial Target was 10 stone 7 but as soon as I reached that I knew it was too high.
You will know hun but all I will say is don't set it so low that you can't maintain it. Maintenance is hard work. Also, I know it's hard, but don't listen to others, only YOU know when you are truly happy with your weight.

Don't forget that you have to drop your Target by 7lbs at SW if you wish to change it so why not set it at 9st 11 and then when you've been there a bit you can drop it to 9st 4?

Thank you thing is I still see myself as large, I know my clothes are smaller but when I was fat I saw myself as skinny. I think I might have a shower put on some new clothes and get hubby to take some photographs, as I'm sure my bedroom mirror lies to me it let me get so fat:whistle:

I have been at target for almost 16 months and I still think of myself as fat. I know I look good, I know I'm a healthy weight but I'm still taken aback when I walk past a shop mirror and I still take larger sizes into the changing room.

It's a state of mind which takes a long time to change when you've been big.

Take the pics, bet you look great!

Take the pic and let us lok. You ahve to be happy, and you avhe to beable to maintain. I know from experience, with me, there is a gap. I can't maintain less than 10 stone. Just can't do it. But I know I look best at 9 stone 7lbs. There you go.

Lynda

I was wondering about my target too, Ive only been on SW few weeks so my weight loss is very small at present, Ive set mine to 9st, which means Ive got 41/2 stone to lose. In the day I was around 8-81/2 stones, im only 5ft2ins so in my mind this seems very achievable and healthy. I think you have to go with how you feel, I would be happy to be a size 12 even though could possibly go to a size 10 without it being unhealthy. Check your BMI and see how well your weight fits into this depending on your height and speak to your consultant and class mates about it to see what they think. Its great that you got your family support, but trust your own instincts.

I got down to target 2 years ago, I was 9st 7lbs at 5ft 5ins tall and a size 10. I feel this was right for me, hoping to get back there in the next few months or so. Hope this helps.

I've added some pictures to my album all taken tonight do I need to lose another 1/2 stone, or just firm up a bit?

Please be honest I am totally confused and I want honest opinions from people who are not comparing before and after.

I feel my judgement is clouded by age 18 skinny me age 30 fat me and by family saying stuff, so please just tell me how it is

o.k firstly you look very slim, so well done on losing that weight.

I dont think we should be making the decision on whether to lose more weight as only you know your body.

you need to ensure that whatever weight you are you can maintain comfortable. Maybe toning would help you improve your percieved body image and tighten your shape.

xxxx

Well I've decided I'll stop at 9s9.5lbs as I've just done my before pictures, next year I will reajust my target for my renewal of vows I'll love a size 10 dress but I think I'll concentrate on exercise and my family for now

Back