How do I know???

Zomble

Hello all. I have a dilemma. Any thoughts?

I've got a bmi of 24.3 now, and people are asking me how much longer I'm going to continue on foodpacks. I really don't know.:confused:

On the one hand, I've been doing this since August, and planning what life will be like as a slim person for ages, so it would be great to get on with the next bit of my plan. Also, family (v v supportive, thanks!) :D would like to have me joining in with meals etc. I also have really quite skinny legs and my face is quite hollow now (and I have wrinkles and my nose looks bigger!) I'm wearing 14s which are quite big now so I'm probably a 12 (5ft 6).

On the other hand, I'm not really where I want to be yet - I have this cushion of fat on my lower abdomen which I've had since I was about 8 and it just sits in my lap and I hate it! I know you can't spot reduce, and that I need to exercise my abs, but this is a definite lump of fat, which won't 'exercise away'. I feel that this is my best chance of ever losing my belly, and if I don't take it now, I'll regret not tackling it when I had the chance.

I currently weigh 68kg, about 10st 10, 150lbs. I think the answer is to hang on in there until about 9 or 9 1/2 stone, hoping the cushion will go. What would you do if you were me?

Thanks for your help. I need it!:)

Hi Zombie, at the end of the day, it's your body and you've got to go where you feel comfortable...I can understand that people miss you eating with them etc but there is no point achieving what you have without finishing it :D;)

hey Zombie,

I can completely relate to this, we are the same height and similar weight at the moment. I still have quite big legs - the rest of me has slimmed down perfectly, but my thighs still remain which annoys me.

I started RtM at a BMI of 25, I had decided I was done with abstinence, and wanted to finish my journey whilst introducing food. Since then (3 weeks so far) I have lost a further 6lbs (despite a few days off plan) so I am pleased with that.

The way RtM works, you are still having a very reduced calorie diet. You are also avoiding high carb foods and food with high fat content, so in theory you should still lose weight. I have also decided that exercise is going to be the key for me to long term weight management, and since I have been eating I have started a fairly heavy (for a non exerciser at least) exercise regime and this is helping me manage my weight pretty well.

I hope I will be able to lose about another 7 lbs to finish off my legs, and also that the running I am doing will help tone and tighten them.

So perhaps RtM is the right thing for you to do - then you can still lose, and decide where you feel happy?

Its an option at least!
Good luck with your decision,

Leesy
xox

:DWow what amazing losses you guys have had!! When do we get to see the photos?! Pleeeaaaase post some to help inspire us!

Hi Zomble,
Like Leesy, we are in similar places. I intend to keep going in abstinence for the final stone. I'm taller than you so my target is 67kg, which is another 7 odd kg to lose. Every diet I've ever done has stopped before I ever got to my target so I'm adamant that I will reach there before I reintroduce food. However, reading Leesy's post has given me food for thought... The one thing I DO know is that LL is a very personal and individual journey. I'm learning loads about myself in my development group at the mo so I'm happy to continue with that for now. Let us know what you decide. Maybe you could do a thought record on it...?
Linze

Hi all, and thanks for those thoughtful replies. I definitely need to do some work on this, and sort out where I want to be in a month, two months...

Leesy, are your legs getting smaller, now there's nowhere else to lose from? I'm hoping that if everything else is slim, this tum will have to go in the end!

Incidentally, one of my group lost so much weight in RtM she had to do an accelerated version so she got a higher calorie intake more quickly. LLC was quite worried about her, and last time I saw her she did look a lot better. So it's definitely true that the weight doesn't come rushing back if you are careful,

Zomble - my LLC told us that it has been proven in studies that those with a BMI of 23 (no more no less) have greater success at maintaining their weight. That is what I am aiming for.

Hope that helps you and well done on fantastic work so far.

Hmmm, very interesting! (strokes chin thoughtfully...) That's something to consider deffo. I suppose it's bang in the middle of the range; maybe the body is pretty happy there and it's easiest to maintain without strain from too much or too little body weight.

Thanks, Fenella!

You'll know once you get there.

Hello all. I have a dilemma. Any thoughts?

I've got a bmi of 24.3 now, and people are asking me how much longer I'm going to continue on foodpacks. I really don't know.:confused:

On the one hand, I've been doing this since August, and planning what life will be like as a slim person for ages, so it would be great to get on with the next bit of my plan. Also, family (v v supportive, thanks!) :D would like to have me joining in with meals etc. I also have really quite skinny legs and my face is quite hollow now (and I have wrinkles and my nose looks bigger!) I'm wearing 14s which are quite big now so I'm probably a 12 (5ft 6).

On the other hand, I'm not really where I want to be yet - I have this cushion of fat on my lower abdomen which I've had since I was about 8 and it just sits in my lap and I hate it! I know you can't spot reduce, and that I need to exercise my abs, but this is a definite lump of fat, which won't 'exercise away'. I feel that this is my best chance of ever losing my belly, and if I don't take it now, I'll regret not tackling it when I had the chance.

I currently weigh 68kg, about 10st 10, 150lbs. I think the answer is to hang on in there until about 9 or 9 1/2 stone, hoping the cushion will go. What would you do if you were me?

Thanks for your help. I need it!:)

wow well done on your loss first off!
You say you have had this cushion of fat since you were 8, so i think it might just be the way you are made, ie it's meant to be there. Don't compare yourself to others, we are all meant to look different and have cushiony bits.
But.... you have come so far and you might always regret not keeping going just incase even another half stone took care of it.
i would say set yourself a limit and dont go under it, if the problem area hasnt vanished then accept it.
i think I would have to get underweight to get the arms I want, but I know thats not healthy, so I will have to learn to love my big arms - I couldnt sustain a really low BMI I dont feel just to fix my arms when the rest I would be happy with.

best of luck whatever you decide to do:)

As you can see from my ticker, I am going to the lowest BMI that I can with LL. People tell me ALL the time that I'm thin enough now etc, but a) you'll put back on up to half a stone when you refill your glycogen stores, and b) I still have fat on my hips and tummy. BMI is only a guide as it doesn't take into account muscle. So, the easy answer is.....stop when YOU are looking the way you want to LOOK - don't worry about scales and other people's opinons - YOU are the one that has to live in YOUR body - not them!

Zombie - my legs are definitely getting smaller at last - so there is hope don't worry!!

Take care,

Leesy
xox

Hi Zombie

Sounds like you are doing really well - congratulations! :)

I'm also 5' 6 and currently weigh around 10 stone. I have lost 4 lbs during the 1st few weeks of RtM, which is despite quite a few 'lapses'. More's the point, I've lost inches since completing the weight loss part of LL, which can only be due to the exercise I have been doing since starting RtM.

Obviously everyone's different when it comes to body shape - I am almost getting a bit bony on top, but still have a fair amount of wobbly stuff on my bottom half! I don't want to lose any more weight, so am planning on removing the wobbles by exercising!

Like a lot of people, I'm not sure I'll ever be totally happy with my body...hence I decided not to concentrate on the scales so much.

Whatever you decide is what's right for you - good luck!

Monkey
x

Back