How do i lose 5lbs by tmrw night?!

greedyguts1980

Silver Member
Argh!! Not sure what's happened!! Was on target to lose 3lbs this week when I weighed myself on Saturday!! Now I have put 3lbs on and getting pretty worried!!

I wanted to get my half stone this week and now i'll be lucky if i'ved stayed the same.

Any tips? If I go swimming tmrw do u think that would help or make me heavier?! Argh!!

I hate the pressure!! xxx

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

In all honestly i dont think its possible to lose 5 lbs in 24 hours, well not actual weight (you could be dehydrated and appear lighter but this wont actually be the case).

I dont think you could actually have put on 3 lbs overnight though so its probs that food hasnt digested yet. Think about it - to lose a pound of fat is 3500 cals so its the same to add a pound (3500 cals). So if you have put on 3 lbs you must have had an extra 10500 cals in just 2 days.

I think its all about weighing yourself too often as throughout the day you will weigh more or less. I would just be 100% today and tomorrow, dont eat too little as i think that has the adverse effect. Take the hit (if there is one) this week and it will show as a huge loss next week. :)

Clutching at straws methinks!! I need to learn to stick to it!!

Haven't been able to get out for my runs due to the weather!! Gonna try the gym next week as it's too dark at nite to run now :-(

Thanks for yr advice!! Will have me cereal and a salad tmrw & take the hit!! I'm in for the long haul this time!!

xxx

Official weigh in at class is Tuesday!! But I weighed myself at home on Saturday. Naughty naughty I know.

greedyguts1980 said:
Official weigh in at class is Tuesday!! But I weighed myself at home on Saturday. Naughty naughty I know.

*sigh*
You know that the problem here is the serial weighing.
Ignore every weigh in but the official one.

It's worse if I stay away from the scales!! I like to keep an eye on things. I'm nowhere near as bad as what I used to be. But still bad lol.

Thats why you shouldnt weigh early at home, and why i bannished my scales to the attic! I used to do the same, look at the stress and preasure you have put yourself under which doesnt help weight loss.
I judge my weight loss its very simple, i have to be honest with my self tho... if i have stuck to plan i know i will have a good weight loss, a lb is good anything more is a bonus. If ive had a medioca week i expect to stay the same and a small loss is a bonus. If ive fallen off the wagon then i know i will have a gain and plan to get straight back on the wagon.
If you want to loose 5lb in 24hrs, short of an amputation i dont really know what to suggest. You seem determind and you will do it, our in for the long haul so dont go getting stressed put it behind you and leap back on that waggon x

If you could lose 5lb in 24 hrs safely following SW we'd all be doing it. You just need to stick to plan and it will come off in its own time but there's no quick fix, only long term determination and willpower :)

Please step away from the scales!

You are not keeping an eye on thing because the readings are completely inaccurate anyway!

Or if you must weigh then learn to ignore what they say

Thanks for your advice :) think a daily image therapy is what I need!!

I start off really well then lose my way at the weekend.

Will give the bread up from tmrw that should help.

xxx

Try having a day of superspeed soup to help loose weight!

I did all that lol!! Went to gym for 50 mins then 10mins jog to work. Then 40min swim after work and only lost 0.5lb!! Ah well back on it tmrw!!

greedyguts1980 said:
I did all that lol!! Went to gym for 50 mins then 10mins jog to work. Then 40min swim after work and only lost 0.5lb!! Ah well back on it tmrw!!

Honestly - did you really expect to lose 5lbs in 1 week? I bet if you had done your normal thing rather than exercising like a nutter (which will increase water retention btw) etc you'd have lost more than 0.5lbs anyway.

Seriously - throw your scales away and stop setting unrealistic weight loss targets. You're doing yourself no favours.

Half a pound isnt too bad if you werent on plan the whole week. At least it was a loss. :)

Cheers Geordielass :) back on it today!! Off to the gym this morning as I'm training all day in London tmrw!

Back