Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How Do I Make The Husk Thingy

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Nicola2006, 12 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Nicola2006

Nicola2006 Full Member

Kazz sent me the link but I really still don't know how to make the porriage - Doi need to blend it or can i put it my shaker and then add the Husk and stir it in !!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Nicola :cool:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    OK Nicola. This is how you do it.

Use 300ml of HOT water (not boiling) and blend in whatever flavour shake you want to use with a blender in the usual way (Toffee & Walnut, Vanilla and chocolate all work well)

Pour the hot shake into a bowl.

Add 2 heaped dessertpoons of PH on top of the liquid and using either a fork or a balloon whisk, stir briskly.

At first it will seem lumpy but keep at it and it becomes smooth.

Leave it for about a minute to settle. I like to add a little cinnamon powder to mine for extra flavour. Then eat and enjoy! :)

NOTE:
    We call it 'porrige' but the consistancy will be more like thick semolina. Just so you know you've got it right.

4. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi Nicola, I usually mix the husk with my shake powder, pour the water into the blender and put my mixture in on top of it, then whizz for a few seconds....dont do it for too long though otherwise you just get 'gloop'

Maybe try doing half a pack til you get the consistency right?

5. Nicola2006

Nicola2006 Full Member

ERRR!!!!!!!

OMG - That was the most vile thing i've every tasted - it tasted like how a health food smells!!!!!!! WTF :eek:

Am i doing somnething wrong or it a required taste :confused: !!!!

6. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    What flavour shake did you use?

I suppose it could well be an acquired taste (it's not exactly Quaker oats) but I like it - I know some people just can't get thier heads around the consistancy.

I've just had my second shake of the day with 2tsp of PH in it ... I don't think I could drink it without now! :)

What was it you didn't actually like? The taste itself or the consistancy? I can't actually taste the husks themselves when they're mixed in with a pack - just the flavour of the shake / soup. Maybe you have mega-sesntive taste buds!

If it's not for you, there are PH capsules available from Holland and Barrett.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.