how do i work out what snacks im allowed?

jane76

Silver Member
when we're having a snack do we still have to look at the per 100g section and for it to be under 5g? or is it ok for snacks to be under 5g per portion?

i had for my snack tonight: tesco reduced fat biscuit and raisin bar and it was 2.8g in each bar but 12g per 100g!! and yesterday i had special k mini breaks which had similar figures as before. im really hoping its per portion and not per 100g? thanks x

Yes everything you eat you have to check per 100g

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

aw thanks 'butter on toast' i kind of thought that but was hoping it was just per portion for the snack, ill just stick to my fat free yoghurts and tesco jumbo snack a jack thingies x

not really that keen on pretzels! i was looking at extra light laughing cow but didnt buy it because i thought it was outside the rules..is it not? i have been using a smidgen of extra light philly on my wraps for lunch even now i thought it was outside the rules too...but thought a lot better than low fat spread is!.....cant wait to get my head around it all and for it to become 2nd nature to me :)

It's under the 5% rule honey. You'll get so you're horrified at the things you used to eat & how high they are. Things I'd never have thought were that bad can be horrendous.......

Back