How do people 'treat' themselves?

amm451

Do Over
Just wondering how people reward themselves for their weight losses?

I am glad you have asked this, my mum treated me today and got me a new 1 litre water bottle...how exciting my life has become hehe

Your post made me laugh onlyme! I too treated myself to a nice 1lt water bottle today infact it was the highlight of my day.

I plan on getting a facial or massage when I have lost my first stone :D

I am glad you have asked this, my mum treated me today and got me a new 1 litre water bottle...how exciting my life has become hehe
Lmao....lucky you :D
I dont treat myself...well I had in mind
1stone loss: Dye hair
2stone loss: new tattoo/piercing
3stone loss: New clothes

Cant be bothered anymore though lol...Still plan to do the shopping though :)

Until I can buy loads of clothes I mainly treat myself with beauty products. I'm in love with Soap and Glory products, Bed head shampoo and conditioners, perfume and Mac cosmetics. I sure know how to treat myself.:D

i dont really "treat" myself to be honest....
I constantly seem to be buying clothes, to the extent i have had to stop buying stuff now becuase i'm now broke!
I dont often reward myself much anyway....
xxxx

I haven't rewarded myself yet - but I have a list that includes pedicures, facials and new clothes. Not sure when I think I deserve them!

I treat myself with nail polish! Since starting CD, my nails are stronger and much nicer so I like to show them off more. When I get to goal, I would like a foot tattoo with stars x

No rewards so far.
I was planning to reward myself when I've lost certain amounts of weight but as the weight dropped I just couldn't bother anymore. :p
Planning a massive reward at goal though.

Hello this post made me smile, yesterday I have seen 10 stone exactely so I have treated myself big time LOL see this post here if you want to see what I have bought. Is lovely to recognise your achievements.

Well hubby said he will buy me a new pandora charm when I reach 2 stone, 3 stone etc. Which is a nice incentive. I haven't bought any clothes yet as I am not officially the next size down yet. Some of my 16 pants are falling off, but others are wearable. It's going to cost a fortune for a new wardrobe but I am going to ebay my clothing to try and save for new togs !!!!

When I first started cd I used to treat myself with things for my hair or makeup or creams......

Now I am a shopaholic and buy clothes most days...... urghh far too much treating......

Its fab though!!! Love it! x

i used to buy loads of corsets as a treat but i was spending soooo much money!!! i then discovered iron fist shoes and blimey did i spend!!!

i'm having to ban myself from going on ebay temporarily. will treat myself big time when i hit the 7st lost mark again though.

want to get my belly button pierced when i can see it again!!! :rotflmao:

I don't usually, though I treat myself to a new game for the Wii last week. Not specifically due to weight loss though lol

I'm going to get some new clothes when I lose more weight. Not really a treat I guess, more a necessity as apart from the nice Ben Sherman shirt I found in the storage box under the bed yesterday (2XL, now fits perfectly!) I've only got huge clothes...

My husband said he would treat me for every stone lost, he bought me a dragon incense burner for my first stone loss and when I got to my second stone loss I couldn't decide what I wanted and still haven't got anything lol!

I have decided that when I get to goal I'm going to get my belly button pierced, I'm going on holiday in 6 weeks ish and would like to have it done before then but not sure yet as I think I would need to get it done at least 2 weeks before going so its all healed?

Other little treats I have are bath bombs & smellies, I like to get myself a little something when we do the food shopping then I don't feel so depressed that nothing in the trolley is for me!

Thanks for the ideas guys. I am the typical dieter who self sabotages by rewarding myself with meals out, etc. So the ideas are good. Think I might need a treat weekly to stay motivated though and love twinkle's idea of putting something in the shopping trolley for me!

When I did slimming world I always rewarded myself after going to Weigh-in with food which normally consisted of a takeaway & a tonne of chocolate. Since doing CD I've not wanted to do that at all and I've rewarded myself with shopping treats and beauty treatments (I need all the help I can get!). Today I bought myself a new coat in the Next Sale and the best part of all is that it is a size 14 and I haven't been that size since I probably was 14!
I don't think it matters how you treat yourself, it could be a quiet afternoon without the kids, a trip to the hairdressers, shopping etc, so long as it's not food, just so long as you know that you deserve it and you're worth treating. Whatever you do, enjoy!

I love treating myself!!! lol

I buy bath bombs from amazon (99p!)
I get face masks and hair conditioning masks too.
Nail polish
Tanning lotions
Palmers firming lotions (helps with stretch marks and toning up)
I enjoy reading so I buy books from greenmetropolis.com - every book £3!

Enjoy x x x x

so far I have treating myself to some fakebake and lots of beauty/hair products ...but decided to start saving up until goal and have a good shop then ...not buying many clothes..whats the point when I know they're not going to fit in a month ! lol Woo hoo!

ooh i have a whole list of planned treats problem is i keep thinking of new ones so its getting a tad on the long side, someone mentioned a facial thats gonna be added on too now :D

my treats are things like, hair products,full new make up, perfume, im getting my hair cut and highlighted after my next one. i really look forward to my treats but it takes me forever to order things i feel so guilty spending money on myself

Back