How do some people loose 7 lb per week?

Heffa

I seem to be losing 3 lb per week. I've been on SS now for 6 weeks, never cheat and drink on average 4 litres of water per day. I've had 1 AAM week and have lost 26lb in total.
Others that have been dieting for 6 weeks have lost 40lb - how?

I do know 26lb loss is good in 6 weeks, but how do some people lose so much weight - 7 lb in weeks 5,6,7 etc.
x

Plain and simple, some people's bodies let the weigh go faster than others. The aim is a stone a month - anything above and beyond that is a major bonus!! But the trick is to not compare your losses to other peoples (difficult I know :hug99: ) You have done fantastically well - nearly 2 stone in six weeks, and are well on track! :clap:

I personally think a lot of it is down to genetics. I mean my family hold onto excess weight like there's no tomorrow, so I'm not expecting big loses every week either. The way I'm looking at it is that every lb I lose is a lb I will never have to worry about again, and that can't be a bad thing!
I really wouldn't worry about what other peoples weight loses are each week, just focus on your own and you'll be pulling size 10's of the rails in no time sweetie.:hug99:

Most of them will have a higher BMI than you. The heavier you weigh, the more calories your body needs to work, therefore, the deficit whilst on SS is far greater for them so they loose more. You're BMI isn't too high, you're doing brilliantly!
x

I am just determined to lose 1 stone a month, yeah it would be lovely it is was more, but I can't let myself be swayed by other people's losses...

Heffa you are doing a brilliant job! Fantastic keep it up..

Love

I didn't lose 7lbs a week. More like 3lbs....sometimes 4. Yes, it takes a little longer, but you can still get there ;)

Keep up the good work :clap:

I do keep thinking I'm doing well, then I look at other peoples tickers and think OMG how have they lost a gazillion stone per week. There are even people who say they've cheated and have lost lots of weight. I am really pleased with my weight loss, I suppose i'm just greedy and want to lose more weight faster.
Whatever happens I'm in this for the duration. I need to lose the weight and it's coming off whether it likes it or not. Thanks for all your supportive comments, I don't think I'd still be here if it wasn't for all the support of this forum. Thanks x

I lost 2.5lbs a week and to be honest, it wasn't as much as others but it was gone as far as I was concerned and that was what counted. I got there and so will you. My BMI was quite high to start with but that was just how my body worked wrt losing weight and I can accept that. I am pretty much there now and I can honestly say that it was the best thing I have done for myself in a very long time! Every pound is a pound gone!!!
Good luck!

I don't think you'll find many people (especially women) losing 7lb a week every week. In fact I've never seen it. The maths just don't stack up.

1lb of fat = 3500 cals
On CD SS you're on around 500cals a day ... that (for most people) is an approximate shortfall of around 1500cals per day. That equates to 10500 per week.

When you divide that by 3500, you get 3lb. Any more than that is where you've created an extra shortfall by using extra cals from walking about etc. This is where Cambridge get their 'stone a month' claim from. It's just maths.

To get a loss of 7lb a week (4lb more than the average loss), you'd need to create an EXTRA shortfall of 2000 cals per day!! (4 x 3500 = 14000). You can see how this is 'Mission Impossible' when you take into account you're not supposed to be doing arduous cardio on a VLCD.

So your losses are as they should be - brilliant!

Apart from the first week, my losses have been about 3lbs a week which I am more than happy with. I would not get these results on WW so to me, my SS losses have been fantastic to me.

I too have never cheated on SS and I have continued to exercise but am now starting 790 now I have reached bmi 25 + 1stone.

Don't compare yourself to others here and whilst it can be frustrating to read that others are loosing whilst cheating, you are doing the diet properly and the weight is coming off you in good healthy amounts.

Be pleased with your achievements so far and best of luck with your future losses.

26 lbs in 6 weeks is a fantastic achievement - think positive. If the weight steadily comes off at 1 stone a month, you can predict what weight you'll be at any time in the future. That should be a good incentive.

you are doing brill nearly 2stone. Everyone is different at the end of the day. I did read somewhere that heavier people will lose weight more quickly.

I lost 12ibs in my first week when i did it last time, But not sure if it will come off as quick the second time around but im going to try, Like someone said everyone is different.

I know exactly how you feel. I lose around 3lbs a week, and sometimes get a bit despondant, but the lbs add up.

You're doing amazingly well. Keep on going:D

I seem to be losing 3 lb per week. I've been on SS now for 6 weeks, never cheat and drink on average 4 litres of water per day. I've had 1 AAM week and have lost 26lb in total.
Others that have been dieting for 6 weeks have lost 40lb - how?

I do know 26lb loss is good in 6 weeks, but how do some people lose so much weight - 7 lb in weeks 5,6,7 etc.
x

Hun you only need to look at my stats below to see you are not alone - I have been SSing, not cheated AT ALL and this is my 2nd time of STS..... Pain in the ar$e but not the end of the world, keep on and you cannot go wrong xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back