How do you all keep going

quiet thoughts

While sitting in my car this afternoon I was cold and mulling things over, as you do when you wait for some bugger to let you out. It's 4th feb, cold and miserable with a promise of snow. I wasn't hungry thanks to Ketosis, and didn't have any cravings for food but wondering how long I will sustain this programme. Then I thought of the spring and warmer weather. Being able to get out in the garden which I love, having clothes that fit me better and a much wider range(loads of clothes but all too tight). Holiday coming and the thought of being able to wear a pair of :)shorts and generally feel relaxed about my weight, all made sense for me to continue. I am not looking at the end i,e 15 weeks but more a week at a time. So I will continue as I am and bear in mind all your tips. Thank you. :D

The thought of summer really spurs me on too. I'm taking a day at a time but can't wait to wear fitted t-shirts instead of big, baggy, shapeless ones. What a daft goal to aim for eh?

what part of cornwall?

The thought of summer really spurs me on too. I'm taking a day at a time but can't wait to wear fitted t-shirts instead of big, baggy, shapeless ones. What a daft goal to aim for eh?
Hi Mini
I'm sure you have heard this before but Cornwall is such a lovely place, went there last year between Looe and polperro, rained every day but had a great time. We considered going again but the prices were way more expensive than abroad so its back to turkey again in may. :D:D:D:D

What keeps me going is Minimins, and my friend Sandra, who is doing it with me(and gives me a talking to when I need it, (Thanks San!)
There's no way I could have kept going all these weeks by myself.
Just knowing others feel the same, ie. cold, fed-up, tempted etc really really helps.
Doing it long-term is hard, but the results are SO worth it. :bliss:

Pink really suits you. You looked lovely congratulations.

I just look in the mirror :(

That just made me really sad readin that hunni... :( your fabulouse inside so im positive your fabulouse outside... loadsa love an cuddles xxx

the weight losses keep you going initially, then it becomes habit, you start fitting into old clothes and people start noticing...

I still here

Well I suppost I am answering my own question. The weight loss is the main motivator, and of sourse being able to log on her forinspiration is quite high up the list.:D ANOTHER 4LBS OFF THIS WEEK :8855:

motivation keeps me going.. some people know about the diet.. dont want to let them down and fail again..

I look at myself so much in the last few months last year and hated it to a point of pretty much crying some nights.. hated myself so much I gave up getting close to people.. Know my family hated my weight situation, want to make them proud of more than my job/achievments and make them proud of me...

In future life I want to have a wife who'll be proud of me and sons/daughters who I can be healthy with... I cant wait to get rid of all my weight!

this all makes great reading its nearly spring and its getting warmer lets hope we can all show a bit more flesh this summer - one little things that cheers me up is that i can actually suck in my belly now and it moves plua i also fir into stuff that i havent fitted into for 4 months and so looking forward to buying new stuff. another bonus is people have said i look younger cause my face is slimmer

why i'm still here

Well nearly done 4 weeks which I find hard to beleive. Not that is has been particularly hard, just the fact that I have not had any food in that time.
I guess I'm here for the duration, however long that is and still feel pretty determined. Whats the point of eating and throwing myself out of ketosis, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :eek::eek:the responsibilty of it, the consequences are not worth it. Mind you I don't know what I will be like next week or two days time.:eek: Have to hope it continues as it has done so far.

The longest I have been on a vlcd with a bit of maintenance was around 24 weeks...the weight loss and the build in confidence kept me going.

Back