How do you cheer yourself up without junk food?

Sometimes I paint my nails. It distracts you from eating for a while, and after doing it you can't touch anything for a little while, so you have to stay out of the fridge! Hopefully by then the desire to eat naughty stuff will have passed.

Thats a really good suggestion - BIG thumbs up from me!! ;)

I was having a bad day yesterday and I always turn to food for comfort. I really fancied stodge, chocolate, cake - anything bad! I put something along those lines on another thread and I got tonnes of ideas back.

I decided to indulge my need for stodge but SW way - I cooked up a load of leeks and potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, mashed it all up with a full tub of Quark cheese added salt and pepper and ate the whole lot!! Huge plate full - I was so full after that the want for cake and chocolate went away!

Another great boost is walking a dog - yours, a neighbours, family member? Its a great way to get some exercise and not feel that you are just out walking for no apparent reason! I hated going for walks or doing any kind of exercise but then we got Bruce - now I love taking him out for walks and am doing 3 30 minutes sessions of exercise a day! Exercise really does help banish those blues! Take care Lx

**CHEESY POST ALERT**

I come here when I'm feeling a bit like that.
I catch up on my subscribed posts, maybe post a little more, check out the inspirational photo's (some of them make me cry!), read some food diaries, make a shopping list of bits I'd like to try, check out new syn values.

I honestly think this site is better than group! :) So glad I found it!!

So, true totally agree with you…if it wasn’t for this diet I reckon I wud have given up by now

**CHEESY POST ALERT**

I come here when I'm feeling a bit like that.
I catch up on my subscribed posts, maybe post a little more, check out the inspirational photo's (some of them make me cry!), read some food diaries, make a shopping list of bits I'd like to try, check out new syn values.

I honestly think this site is better than group! :) So glad I found it!!

I love this site for the same reasons! Everyone is in the same boat and helps!! x

I'm still smiling after the sex post! :)

I would suggest using your syns for comfort food. When I have a bad day at work I come home, put my feet up and have a cup of tea and a two fingered kit kat (about 5 syns). If it's been a really bad day I might have two! It feels really decadent but I'm still within my syn allowance. If that doesn't work then I'm off for a walk planning my next meal which usually contains a baked potato (very comforting and free with low fat cottage cheese!).

As a final thought (I sound like Jerry Springer!) banana's are good for you. They have a chemical in them that makes you feel happy, they make you feel full and finally they are free! Banana's rock - yeh!

Shirleen said:
Aren't they just?

Sadly a teenager in the house puts paid to that form of therapy *sigh*

And the other way around for me, we live with my parents!

It makes me laugh when 'experts' sat a newborn can hinder your private time, blinking teenagers is worse!
Ooh but parents can be rotten too! I love that scene in Gavin and Stacey where Pam says " your dads out for the count, in going to put my earplugs in so let yourselves go" I'd be sick!

My mum said to me last week "you and mike were making some funny noises last night". It was when I had bronchitis and he was tickling me. I'd be mortified if it was actually "love noise" but then if she thought it was, I doubt she's say anything!

I hope!

Back