My journey to feeling different

georgiasmum

I’m 46 and have always hated the way I look. I’m unattractive and fat which in one case is unavoidable but the other self inflicted. So I’m hoping to learn to like myself.
I’m in a bit of a hole - I used to be a teacher but was assaulted and can’t face it anymore. Nearly 25 years wasted. I used to console myself with the ‘you’re not slim and beautiful but you’re clever’ and now I’m not even that anymore.
I don’t own a set of scales so don’t know what I weigh. I have been low carbing and intermittent fasting since January 1st. My size 20 jeans are loose. I had to buy new bras so something is happening. I’m generally anxious about everything and I’m wondering if losing weight will help me with that.
I watch Exante videos on YouTube for inspiration and take one day at a time.
I do feel better for giving up sugar.
Feel free to comment or join me on my journey to wellness.

the past is not a waste, 25 years in a role is an amazing achievement, and yes you are still clever, no one can ever take that from you.
Take one day at a time, and if that seems too much, one meal at a time.

Your 25 years as a teacher is not wasted, you are still clever. You were the victim of a crime so that is not your fault.

You can use your knowledge as a teacher to give your daughter the best start in life and could maybe lecture part time when you are up to it.

You can lose this weight too, sounds like you already are so well done!

Dxxx

It feels like it. The police say it’s too difficult to prosecute and the school are afraid of liability- (I was on a bus duty alone and the other teacher did not show up). I have no friends and work part time and tutor in a college.

You sound very sad, and I’m sorry to hear that 😔

Welcome to our happy forum......lots of support here ☺️

Good luck on your weight loss journey ☺️

I need to confront the issue about the scales. I don’t own any. I need to measure myself too.. these are real anxiety points for me

I need to confront the issue about the scales. I don’t own any. I need to measure myself too.. these are real anxiety points for me
One step at a time, rather that being concerned, do it monthly rather that daily / weekly.
Even if you don't want to see numbers, get a ball of wool and measure with the wool, cut it it then label with date and area, do this monthly and you'll see the wool getting smaller.
Then rather than buying scales, go somewhere that has some and use them monthly (like Boots)

I’m 46 and have always hated the way I look. I’m unattractive and fat which in one case is unavoidable but the other self inflicted. So I’m hoping to learn to like myself.
I’m in a bit of a hole - I used to be a teacher but was assaulted and can’t face it anymore. Nearly 25 years wasted. I used to console myself with the ‘you’re not slim and beautiful but you’re clever’ and now I’m not even that anymore.
I don’t own a set of scales so don’t know what I weigh. I have been low carbing and intermittent fasting since January 1st. My size 20 jeans are loose. I had to buy new bras so something is happening. I’m generally anxious about everything and I’m wondering if losing weight will help me with that.
I watch Exante videos on YouTube for inspiration and take one day at a time.
I do feel better for giving up sugar.
Feel free to comment or join me on my journey to wellness.
Hello.
Have you watched life of Ollie
I started watching him then he switched to another product.
I also watch you tube for good tips.
Just take each half stone as a goal .
Do not look at the big picture as sometimes it just feels to hard but every half stone is a mile stone and a great achievement .

How are you getting on?

Back