How do you control what you eat...

Blimey - bit of a can of worms this one!
So - in case I upset anyone unintentionally. i wasn't for one second suggesting that people were depriving their children of biscuits, or that if you chose not to let you kids have these foods you are wrong. Its certainly not my place to tell people how to raise thier kids!! All I was saying is that in my own personal experience I did not find it helpful in my adult life that these kind of foods were 'off limits' or 'treats' when I was a child.

Tara, hope I havent offended you in my reply as that was not my intention. I just wanted to share with you how we get around the issue in our home without depriving the kids of a treat now & again.

oh my good gosh, i am not offended at all. i just wanted to make it clear that my boys arent unhealthy. i didnt even think to take offense over anything what was said.
this is a very helpful forum and if what you said didnt help me in my circumstances then it might help someone else.

no offense taken and no need to apologise.xxxxx

I just wanted some tips on food control for myself.

At the minute I seem to want that loss on a Monday morning more than the naughty things! So in the zone! As the board next to the scales at my group say "nothing tastes better than slim".

didnt kate moss get in trouble for saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
Yup - though there is probably a big difference between a woman saying it when she basically a twiglet with eyes, and in the public eye with the ability influence young girls, and a consultant at a SW saying it to a group of people who have acknowledged they are overweight!

i thought i read about that in the papers.
mind you i think that hollys nan's consultant is correct. i get a better high losing a pound then eating multiple syns.

Back