Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How do you cope when invited out for dinner?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by susie-slimmer, 23 August 2010 Social URL.

1. susie-slimmer

susie-slimmer Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(24.14%)
    Diet:
    Back on Exante, but now going to try working solutions from 5/9/11
    Ok so this week is a busy week. On Thursday I have a suprise birthday party to attend. It will be buffet style so I think I can just force myself to stay away from the food table and drink my sparkling water all night.

But the next day we have been invited for dinner with 4 other couples. Not sure what the style of the evening is eg buffet, BBQ or proper sit down meal. But how do you cope with these situations? I want to go to see the people but also really don't want to break my diet, or if I have to, then want to do the minimal damage possible. any suggestions gratefully received.

Following these events I have both my kids birthdays this weekend! Arrrggggh! :eek:

Susan x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. captaincollins

captaincollins Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st8lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.12%)
    Diet:
    WW
    i would stay away from sauces which could ahve carbs like gravy etc and go for mayo. and bascially try and eat meat/fish with some veg or salad (no potatoes, pasta carbs) thats what i have done and i stayed in ketosis

4. susie-slimmer

susie-slimmer Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(24.14%)
    Diet:
    Back on Exante, but now going to try working solutions from 5/9/11
    That sounds possible, as long as she doesn't cook something like boeff bourginon! LOL, I can imagine me trying to pick the meat out of the sauce, or even worse - spag bog! Hahaha!

5. captaincollins

captaincollins Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st8lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.12%)
    Diet:
    WW
    yeah buffets and bbqs are easiest!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.