How do you cope with social occasions?

Sambucca

Gold Member
I have quite a few coming up over the next few weeks, and as I am quite new to CD am worried that I will lose my willpower or give into the morons who tell me the diet is ridiculous or that just one sandwich wont hurt me...

Got a 40th party on Friday. Im OK with that as I will just dance all night and drink water.

Got a family christening on Sunday which will be much harder. My Inlaws will defo notice that Im not eating and I dont want to tell them about the diet yet.

Then its my wedding anniversary on the 30th. I'd like to do something special for a change that doesnt revolve around food.

Finally, hubbys bday in 4 weeks.

Any suggestions on how to cope please

LOL don't go...lol. Only joking.

I must admit I am trying not to book too much up as I think its only 3-5 mths and I can do stuff after.

If I had to go then I would just eat a little chicken and green veg, ie very little and say you have a tummy upset if anyone notices. You can get away with it and white and green won't take you out of ketosis.

Anniversay I would just go to the cinema or something and go for a nice meal when you are finished. Or go for a pampering day with DH for your anniversary.

If I have any occasions where its a sit down meal I will eat a couple of mouth fulls, move it round my plate to make it look less and say ive had a tummy upset
HTH

Bluechick

My brother in law and his wife had their daughter Christened last Sunday. I told her well in advance not to count me in her total number for the buffet. She was fine with it, cost her less money! If you dont want others to notice youre not eating try putting a bit of food on your plate and then giving it to your partner and swapping plates? Everyone else is so busy munching their own grub they really dont notice. No-one commented on Sunday.
As for the anniversary what about going to the theater or an event that you or your husband would like to go to? Less food around.
Whatever you choose to do, good luck. This diet is only short term, imagine how much better you'll feel going out to celebrate future events, looking and feeling great!
Ceri

thanks for replies. wedding anniversary and hubbies birthday will be fine Im sure as he knows how hard I am working to lose the weight and he wouldnt want to jeopardise my hard work for a night out.

Its the christening Im dreading. I know its terrrible but Im seriously thinking of not going and faking illness.

Its just that I have really struggled with my hunger today (not given in tho) and dont want to be tempted by a huge buffet and people saying "go on - a little bit of food wont hurt you."

Think I might end up decking someone lol.

Lol, I went out for a meal last night and I just lied and said that I was having a diabetes test in the morning and I was on a fast. It worked no questions asked!

I think I'm going to have to try some of these tips in the future though.

I was at a buffet a couple of weeks ago and when everyone else was eating I nipped outside with a pint of water and had a couple of cigs - then went back in and mingled and everyone presumed I had already scoffed my plateful. The hostess asked me if I'd enjoyed it and I said "Yes it was lovely thanks!" Sit down meals are more problematic but do-able- I just say to the waiter "I'm not eating thanks I'll just have a black coffee and a bottle of mineral water" and it is never a problem - and if anyone present dares query you, just be vague and say you are on a "medically supervised special diet" and that usually puts an end to the conversation! Hope that helps. I think its better to tell a wee white lie than have to get involved in big explanations and defences of VCLD's!

Back