how do you count yours

LVLLM

Gold Member
How do your note and count your carbs?
fitnesspal or other online menu logging?
in your head? list?
I was just saying to Linz last night that fitnesspal seems to say that a cup of spinach for eg is less than 5 carbs - whereas we are told that a mug is 5 carbs of any veg/salad???

In my head now, but back in the day I kept a spreadsheet, and one with my daily weight. Sad isn't it.

no thats what i do :D cant do it in my head lol

All the stuff I eat regular I have wrote down in a little pad which goes everywhere with me, i write everything down and count it up as I go!now that is sad!!

In my head. I use this website, or food packaging to calculate the carbs of everything and then have a little running total in my brain. I'm on induction, so I keep to under 20g carb per day - sometimes well under that. I actually quite enjoy totting it all up, but then even I would accept that I'm a complete diet geek.

Lettuce is 1.7g carb per 100g LV, so you can have quite a bit of it. Celery is 0.9g carb per 100g, so I like to snack on that in the evenings too!

Hi Vicky I use myfitnesspal and you're right it can be inconsistent what I've found is you have to be very specific ie a tomato can be 5g carbs .... but the tesco one I was actually eating was only 2.2g so you do have to search.
You can also double check with the Atkins carb counter on-line if you can be bothered! x

My diet doesn't have a huge variety to it, so it didn't take long for me to just remember

from the packet and in my head....and i think ive put weight on this week so im not sure thats kinda working for me lol

From the packets & in my head. I had too many years of writing EVERY calorie down (I even used to weigh lettuce!) so I won't let my self do it now because I'll just get obsessed :(

I use the packet and dont use all my allowance to allow for things like eggs and log it all on my notes section on my iphone. 2 days in and its def working ;0)

Hi Sharon, I did the same in the past. I recorded everything, and it took over my life. For me that wasn't going to last. Everyone is different, but for me, as long as I know the carb content of what I'm eating, I don't make a note of it, as I need this to be a normal way of life for me now. When I was recording everything, I was thinking about food all of the time

From the packets & in my head. I had too many years of writing EVERY calorie down (I even used to weigh lettuce!) so I won't let my self do it now because I'll just get obsessed :(

Back