How do you crush your ice?

Mel1979a

Sorry to seem a bit thick but I have heard loads of you saying that you have your shakes with crushed ice. Id love to try this as it sounds yummy lol. But my question is - How do you crush your ice? Do you have an ice crushing machine? or do you use some kind of food processor?

Hi Aimee, I have to admit I am finding it hard (But I never thought for one moment it was gonna be easy) at times but taking it one day at a time - If i drink tonnes of water the urge to eat passes eventually lol. But im proud of coming this far and tomorrow is a whole new day - How are you getting on?

Im finding it really hard too just cant stop thinking about food! We have both done well getting this far I just hope tomorrow will be a bit easier! Think I will try and get an early night and like you say tomorrow is a new day! Stay strong!! :) x

Aww we will get there! It does help taking one day at a time lol. I found today better than the last couple of days. I struggled having to sit in McDonalds for an hour whilst OH & kids had their tea but apart from that not been too bad today!

It was really really hard lol! I did ''treat'' myself to a coke zero lol

Hey, I love my shakes with crushed ice, they're so yummy. I just do it in my blender which has a ice crush setting, & then voila, delicious x

Sorry to seem a bit thick but I have heard loads of you saying that you have your shakes with crushed ice. Id love to try this as it sounds yummy lol. But my question is - How do you crush your ice? Do you have an ice crushing machine? or do you use some kind of food processor?

Hi, My freezer has an ice dispenser, but before this I just used a blender which works fine. :)

Ah right so looks like I need to get myself a propper blender? Ive only got one od those hand held ones at the moment and im not sure thats up to the job lol.

Thanks Gemma! I picked one up this morning in Sainsburys reduced to clear £9.99. Im really impressed so far - Just waiting for my ice to freeze in the freezer and then gonna try the crushed ice!
Thanks so much for the tip x x

Ooh you got a bargain there! I paid 17.99 for mine. They really are fab, I love mine. There's a way of making the shake into a McDonald's style shake by adding about 8 ice cubes are less water, i like eating it with a spoon. X

Yehr I googled it last night and sainsburys online were showing them at 9.99 but were out of stock. So i thought id check at the store on my way to Argos - I was made up they had them in!

I shove it all in a blender! Whizz it up - et voila! McDonald's inspired shake!

I just add 3-4 cubes (slightly bigger as freezer bag cubes) and usual amount of water and it makes a perfect large glass of shake!

I just add 3-4 cubes (slightly bigger as freezer bag cubes) and usual amount of water and it makes a perfect large glass of shake!

I did this today! Yummmmmmm is all I can say about the end product! :)

fwiw: I use my argos value liquidiser (£9.99) and it does the job perfectly.

and i have the blender to go thing, dumb question i know but i got it a while back and don't have the instructions i turn it to the left for the ice cubes right or do you just do a normal blend?

Back