How do you deal with the hunger on LLT

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Wizzi169, 18 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Wizzi169

Wizzi169 New Member

I have been on LLT for six weeks and despite taking the pack at regular intervals and drinking water 3+ litres a day I am experience hunger ...... its getting to me now! Any advise to combat it.....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    HI Wizzi :)

I have only ever done total abstinance with LL, so I am not really sure how to advise you.

I dont think I could do a mix of packs and a meals!!

But one thing that seems to help when I feel hunger is to have a few healthy glugs of water - often times thirst is really what we feel, but we perceive it as hunger. It is so easy to forget this, and to reach for something - so maybe try a big glass of water at times you are hungry?

I am sure others will be along with personal expeience and good avice!

Hang in there!!

x

4. Julz

Julz Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(21.24%)
    Hi Wizzi
    I use a couple of tactics, one is go in the bath and have a long soak with candles, book to read and bottle of water.
    The other one is to have a cup of bouillon, its warming and seems to make a difference.

Distraction I find is better, when I am quiet or bored my mind wanders to food and that makes me think I am hungry, so, more water, I use flavourings to get 3-4 litres down per day. Then go and find something else to do.

Hope it gets easier for you, good luck with your journey.
    Jx

5. River

River Ready for the new me!

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.84%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I think its harder if you do break abstinance and eat on total because you have food on the brain 24/7 i have found!
    I know when i came out of hospital i had to eat for 2 weeks and afterwards it took me a week or so to stop craving food on total. I can only echo what BL and Julz has said hun, plenty of water with you the whole time and flavouring like the savoury and sunshine have saved me.

I tend to find with myself that its a mind over matter thing. Im a person who when i get bored i think of food or i just want the one thing i cant have at this moment, so i just repeat to myself is it worth it in the long run? and its not really when i think about it.

Good luck hun xx

6. Andyspurs

Andyspurs Montyspurs

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Iv been taking an extra 1/2 a bar every day now as I was feeling very hungry and this has helped me I take a milk shake in morning a bar at diner then a soup n the 1/2 bar at tea and another milkshake at night. See your councillor n she will probably let you do that I had extra bars left over so I don't know how much extra they cost will find out tomorrow night as I used up the 4 extra ones I had. Plus the extra 90cal isnt much n won't affect the loss

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.