How do you deal with the hunger on LLT

Wizzi169

I have been on LLT for six weeks and despite taking the pack at regular intervals and drinking water 3+ litres a day I am experience hunger ...... its getting to me now! Any advise to combat it.....

HI Wizzi :)

I have only ever done total abstinance with LL, so I am not really sure how to advise you.

I dont think I could do a mix of packs and a meals!!

But one thing that seems to help when I feel hunger is to have a few healthy glugs of water - often times thirst is really what we feel, but we perceive it as hunger. It is so easy to forget this, and to reach for something - so maybe try a big glass of water at times you are hungry?

I am sure others will be along with personal expeience and good avice!

Hang in there!!

x

Hi Wizzi
I use a couple of tactics, one is go in the bath and have a long soak with candles, book to read and bottle of water.
The other one is to have a cup of bouillon, its warming and seems to make a difference.

Distraction I find is better, when I am quiet or bored my mind wanders to food and that makes me think I am hungry, so, more water, I use flavourings to get 3-4 litres down per day. Then go and find something else to do.

Hope it gets easier for you, good luck with your journey.
Jx

I think its harder if you do break abstinance and eat on total because you have food on the brain 24/7 i have found!
I know when i came out of hospital i had to eat for 2 weeks and afterwards it took me a week or so to stop craving food on total. I can only echo what BL and Julz has said hun, plenty of water with you the whole time and flavouring like the savoury and sunshine have saved me.

I tend to find with myself that its a mind over matter thing. Im a person who when i get bored i think of food or i just want the one thing i cant have at this moment, so i just repeat to myself is it worth it in the long run? and its not really when i think about it.

Good luck hun xx

Iv been taking an extra 1/2 a bar every day now as I was feeling very hungry and this has helped me I take a milk shake in morning a bar at diner then a soup n the 1/2 bar at tea and another milkshake at night. See your councillor n she will probably let you do that I had extra bars left over so I don't know how much extra they cost will find out tomorrow night as I used up the 4 extra ones I had. Plus the extra 90cal isnt much n won't affect the loss

Back