How do you decide your goal weight?

Its really what you feel comfortable with. 10 stone at 5ft 3in would give you a BMI of 24.8.

I would advise setting goals of a stone at a time and then once you get to a weight you are happy with then hey presto xx

BMI of 20-25 is 'ideal weight'
personally i think BMI of 20 is too much!

I want to get my BMI down 24.9 which is just out of the overweight cat... However if i want to lose more or less then i will, i just want to be happy & proud of my body not constantly worrying about numbers :) Good Luck xx

I want to get my BMI down 24.9 which is just out of the overweight cat... However if i want to lose more or less then i will, i just want to be happy & proud of my body not constantly worrying about numbers :) Good Luck xx

i agree with you totally. i would like to get out of the obese/overweight catagory but am not interested in what the scales say only what i look like. if i like what i see then i'm happy with that. long way to go as yet but going to get there!

I aggree with starbucks I just want to get into the healthy BMI range so when I go to get my pill prescription from the doctors I dont get the added tsk tsk for being in the obese/overweight bmi range. Then when I get there if I feel I could do with losing some more I will set a new goal.

You know what - i absolutely hate those healthy weight range charts the doctors use. I've got down to ten stone 4 (many moons ago! lol) and i wanted to get down to 9 and a half (as thats what i was told i should be) but for love nor money could i get those last pounds off and i could barely hold my weight at 10, 4 without practically starving myself!
I'd start losing the weight and see where YOU feel comfortable and healthy. Whats right for one person isn't right for someone else.

I have set my gaol but i'm not fixated on it. a BMI od just over 20 for me is 10 stones, a BMI of 24.9 is 12 stone so i picked 11 stone to be right in the middle.

Maybe when i get down there I will feel i need to lose a few lb more, maybe by 12 stones I will feel that enought is enought and maintain there. My advice is set yourself a goal but do not become fixated on it.

For me I have just chosen the weight I was happy with which is 10stone.
At this weight I was still curvy but I felt happy and confident.
If at any point I feel that it may be too slim, they'd I'd just not go that low.

but i'd say you should set yourself a goal weight which your bmi falls inbetween 20-25

Back