How do you do it??

Ceri_b

Hello ladies,

Day 5 for me and going really strong! But I'd like a little advise please!!

I've set myself realistic goals, I'm enjoing my shakes and being at home with my little boy all day am finding it a lot less hard than I thought!! However, all I keep thinking about is the diet. Not food or struggling with it, but how I'm doing how much has gone, where I'll be in a weeks time, its excitement, and also how I'm going to manage to maintain, having lost the weight, I don't want to let myself down!! So how do you all get on with life while enjoying the diet?? I feel all consumed by it, and I need to be able to still live if you know what I mean!

Hi

It can be a bit hard to adjust at the start. I kept thinking about how much I was losing all the time, I kept hopping on and off the scales every couple of hours. I had to force myself to stop as it was taking over my entire day (and evening). Now only get weighed once a week.

When you get weighed at the end of the first week you will be on a real high as the results on CD are fantastic.

Why don't you take down your measurements too so you can record your updates with your weight weekly. You will be surprised at how much you lose in inches as well as weight.

Good luck.

Thats a great idea Mrs Z, although I may then get obsessed with the tape measure!! Ive got OH to hide the scales to stop the weighing!! Really bizarre I thought I'd be obsessing about food but I'm obsessed with results which I guess can only be a good thing!!

Well done on your loss, a complete inspiration!!

I thought when I started that I would give in after the first day but I was so determined that "this time" I was going to do it. I didn't want people to think "oh there she goes again, banging on about another diet - she won't last, she never does". . . . . well, I have lasted, I have done it and I'm going to keep on doing it too!

I was the same as you at the start but it does get easier, you stop obsessing over the packs, the amount of water you have had, how much you think you have lost in the last 20 mins. Honestly!

Nope, I'm still obsessed by CD. I have an Excel sheet that I just love and spend far too long looking at it.

My social life is pretty limited (and has been because though I've gone out a bit to meet new people, I can't eat with them and people always ask why I'm not eating so social life has been on hiatus) but starts to get better from next weekend. Woohoo!

In all seriousness, it's very easy to give in to the addictive desire, whether it be for food, for forumming or even shopping (though Mr HSBC puts a stop to that one) so being disciplined makes a huge difference. I have my moments :)

Last edited:
I 'obsessed' throughout the CD, then I 'obsessed' throughout the steps up. Then I 'obsessed' while I maintained my weight.

And, when I had nothing more to 'obsess' about; when weight was maintaining nicely and those darn food 'issues' weren't darn anymore, I became a counsellor so I could 'obsess' about other people's CD journeys :clap:

It's been great :D Love 'nearly' every minute of it:D

I 'obsessed' throughout the CD, then I 'obsessed' throughout the steps up. Then I 'obsessed' while I maintained my weight.

And, when I had nothing more to 'obsess' about; when weight was maintaining nicely and those darn food 'issues' weren't darn anymore, I became a counsellor so I could 'obsess' about other people's CD journeys :clap:

It's been great :D Love 'nearly' every minute of it:D

Got to love you KD. If you'd like some more obsessing, I'm sure I could help.

Another total obsessive here!! Throughout CD and through maintenance it consumed my every waking moment and I loved every second of it. Whilst I acknowledge that it was me that changed my life it was CD that gave me the tool I needed to do it and for that I will forever be indebted.

xx

i feel quite comforted by this post now! Especially as i have already planned out my 810, 1000, 1200 and 1500 meal planners/menus/shopping lists for each week! Oh, i must add...i'm actually still on SS! :D
I've been doing it for a few days now and i love the control!
No matter what else fails me in my life at the moment, i know Cambridge Diet isnt going to be on that list!!! :D:D:D

xx

Yep, this does seem to be the kind of diet that you think about a lot. I was certainly quite obsessive in first few weeks but hopefully now that I see the weight coming off I am now quite happy to wait until official weigh-ins with my counsellor rather than jump on the scales.
I probably am a diet bore when I talk to my friends but luckily VLCD's can be quite fascinating to people that haven't tried them.

hi there this thread has made me giggle:D
im on day 6 and am TOTALLY obssessed with food not that im hungry anymore just find myself wanting to watch cookery programes etc . i keep asking oh and kids what everything tastes like, noticing that evry advert that comes on the tv is for food, every shop i walk past sells food etc etc
ive really struggled for the first few days as i felt really ill but coming on here makes me more dtermind to stick with it!
my official weigh in is not until 21st sept as cdc on hols but im sure ill have lots of unofficial WIs like every time i go in the bathroom lol! im going to weigh myself on monday as that will be a week and so far ive lost 5lb which im so pleased with!
J0

Back