How do you do on week 5?

Nome

I am coming up to the end of week 3 and I am gettingad a little nervous about adding a meal on week 5.

How has the weight loss done on that week and did you stay in ketosis?

If you eat low carb, high protein meals you'll still stay in ketosis. Most people on here have salad with meat. As a veggie, I'll be having veg with quorn. There are some veg that may take you out of ketosis, like tomato and onion. There's a sticky thread with what foods are low in carbs. You should take a wee look. It'll put your mind at ease. I'm starting my AAM week on Monday and I'm a little nervous too. Most people still lose though.

Welcome and well done on your journey so far. Weight loss for AAMW seems to vary for everyone. The first time I did it I lost 1lb that week which was my lowest loss to date. I didn't come out of ketosis but did feel more bloated but reckon this was more psychological than anything. The last time I did AAMW I then lost 5lbs and ate more that week than the previous one so who know's what'll happen next time round!!

Everyone is different and some chose not to AAM. For me, I like it and helps build healthier relationships with food and portion control. Hope this helps and good luck x

I'm undecided about AAM, I didn't do it with LT & I think I would find it easier not to so I have a real break from f**d but I did lose a lot of hair after LT & so wonder if AAM would help prevent this from happening?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I did it on week 5...STS and it made me want to eat all the wrong things again ...I never ate anything other than chick n veg and a bit of ham...I did however (due to unpredictably going out on the morning of week 5 day 6 and not get home again for 24 hours) have a day off plan...Ate a total of no more than 900 cals though so never went mad and didnt come out of Keto...
So for me the AAMW wont be an option again ...but i think its something each individual has to at least try to see how they personally get on with it...Great loss so far huni and good luck with whatever choice you make xxxxxx

Thanks for your replies!

I would much rather carry on through and miss it out while I am doing well and not being tempted. I am an all or nothing kinda gal and think it might throw me out. I have a week to decide .

Back