How do you find your class?

vanda

plodding away
Am thinking of defecting to ww from sw. Have gone to one ww class in the past but didnt really like the leader or the method. Wanted to know if this was a one off or if other classes were the same.

My old leader used to recommend we stick to the kickstart low points for the long term as there was no point in increasing them if we didnt really need them - Not good for me as I need to lose a lot of weight and wanted to gradually reduce my points. Also some of the advice on nutrition was a bit iffy based more on the personal opinion of the leader ie bananas are fat on a stick!

I found the class good in some ways in that it did help with changing eating habits although the hard sell on ww products each week was a pain.

Anyway wanted to know if the rest of you have had a more positive experience as am thinking of going it alone (with minis of course) this time. So how is your class?

I went to classes about 4 yrs ago in Canada, my leader was great! for example if you asked her how many pts were in a individual pot of full fat yogurt she would help you figure it out and would never tell you it was too much fat!!! it is YOUR choice on how you eat your daily amount of points, NOT your leaders! I am shocked she would tell you a banana was fat on a stick!
I am now living in the UK, I am working as a live-in nanny and saving for uni which starts in sept for me, I am VERY poor, I use 90% of my wages to put away in my savings acct and I cant afford to attending meetings, I know they do help out a lot but I think ww is completely do-able by yourself if you stick to it and understand how the points system works.
sorry for rambling, goodluck with your weight loss.

also I think the support from people here at minis is much better than I ever got at meetings. JMO

Hiya! and welcome to WW's forum!

I think in general the plan is fairly easy to follow, especially with help from everyone here in the forum!

Saying that I have to admit that I do go to the meeting as I personally need the pressure of the 'official' weekly WI - otherwise I start cheating myself and step by step just slip of the track..

the hard sell on ww products each week was a pain.

This is exactly what I do not like about the meeting, but I think it is different with each Leader - my first leader just mentioned what they were selling when it fits in the topic or when something was new, my new leader is really pushing the sales and that can be quite a nuisance.. :(
It really depends on the leader and from yourself as well, what you would want from the weekly meetings, do you go there to get the WW stuff or for the WI or for the support of the group?
but if you just want to go there because you need to know how the plan works - don't waste your money, you can find everything on the internet, here or even ebay if you want the original stuff..

Good luck with your loss and should you decide to change to WW: feel free to ask!! ;)

My leader is great, his class are very good, he believes you can have any foods in your points that you like, but if he finds any foods in lower points he will always let you know about them. He thinks that the weight watchers is a great diet as you never need to go hungry and he gives all his members his mobile number and you can ring or text him about anything. people ring him up when they are in restaurants and ask him about points in certain foods and he doesnt mind helping.

Thanks for the posts. Have decided to give the classes a miss for now and to go it alone. Hopefully I will find the support on here a great replacement for the classes.

As with SW you can get brilliant and okish leaders. I've attended both - numerous times and had both. WW classes I've been to don't tend to go round everybody in the whole group asking how they've done - its mainly welcoming new people and handing out 7's and such then talking about the weekly topic or whats in the weekly hand out.

The new leader in my area asked the people on 20 points to do fasttrack the first week and anyone above to stick to whats reccomended - A much better idea for people who would have to drop several points and would more likely to give up

Back