How do you find your PCT rules?

feynman

Hi folks, I wonder if anyone can help. I am currently trying to loose weight. I've lost 6 stone so far and realistically have another 8 to go at least. I am doing well and am very positive, but am facing the fact that 14st of excess weight is not going to just dissapear without leaving behind some loose skin issues.
I have spoken to my GP about our pct's stance on plastic surgery following weight loss and have been told it's not an option and there basically isn't any provided on the nhs.
They did tell me I may be elligible for a breast reduction when my bmi is under 30 provided my boobs are still at least a dd and I'm still having the neck pain I'm having. I think this will be the case as even when I was a size 12, I've never been below an F cup.
I just wondered what others have been told. Im saving like mad for a tummy tuck etc as I can't see how I'll not need one. Im already finding trying to excersise a bit of a nightmare as bits flap about:eek:
I had hoped I may be able to get something on the nhs if only so I can move around without chaffing and flapping etc.
I see some people on here have had tummy tucks etc on the nhs, how have you managed it? I believe some pcts have different rules but is there anyway I can find out what they are for my area? I'm not convinved my gp was correct. (She also told me I couldnt be refered for wls, despite my bmi being 56, she gave me the same story that there basically wasn't anything offered on the nhs anymore.

If anyone has any advice/help, I'd be really grateful. Alternativly if anyone has gone private I'd be really keen to hear about where you've gone, whether you could recommend surgeons etc.

Thanks and happy new year.

I asked the NHS, but was told no for various reasons. I paid to hae my surgery and i don't regret it for one minute!

please could you let me know what it cost, will have to look into having this done whaen all weight has been lost but have no idea what the cost is,

I got a tummy tuck on the nhs. I told my dr it was affecting my sex life as my tummy flapped about. I regret getting it done. My tummy has a horrible red scar even after 18 months and I have no belly button. I wish I had gone privately.

I got a tummy tuck on the nhs. I told my dr it was affecting my sex life as my tummy flapped about. I regret getting it done. My tummy has a horrible red scar even after 18 months and I have no belly button. I wish I had gone privately.

I have to agree going private, was the best thing, getting to chose my surgeon ect and have proper consultations, they don,t take as much care for "cosmetic" op's, with lack of funding ect, plus i don't think get the after care.
Is your scar raised aswell?

Candy cat, can I ask, how did you decide where to go to have it done?

Took a long time and a lot of research.

I had a few consultations with different surgeons before i made my final dicision. There is a lot to think about, travel wise after care ect x

Candy-cat said:
I have to agree going private, was the best thing, getting to chose my surgeon ect and have proper consultations, they don,t take as much care for "cosmetic" op's, with lack of funding ect, plus i don't think get the after care.
Is your scar raised aswell?

It is and really itchy. It's like I was butchered. My tummy looked better wiv the hangy skin. On my sides I have these large overhanging bits. I'm having a hysterectomy do I'm hoping they might me able to get rid if some of the scar

It is and really itchy. It's like I was butchered. My tummy looked better wiv the hangy skin. On my sides I have these large overhanging bits. I'm having a hysterectomy do I'm hoping they might me able to get rid if some of the scar

I have a feeling that with reghards to your scare it won't have matter who did it, think you might have suffered with kelidascope (sp) scaring, be your skin type. Just one of those things :( But it's a bit late to find out once you have had the op. The ove hanging bits at the ends of your scar, are something that can happen, even from private surgery, but they would have been sorted under the after care plan. But the NHS don't offer this. See you get on after your other op x

Back