Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How do YOU follow SW?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by hayleyw, 8 December 2009 Social URL.

1. hayleyw

hayleyw Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hey everyone,

Was wondering how you follow SW on a day to basis, especially those of you that have been on it while? Do you plan what you're going to eat for the day? Write everything down as you eat/in the morning/evening? plan what syns your going to have or see what you fancy?

Just interested to hear your views! I strictly planned everything at the start of the week when I first started, then wrote it down at the end of the day. I have since stopped doing this and am now struggling to stick to plan, i clearly need routine and discipline!x x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tfmd

tfmd Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - lapsed
    I do a weekly menu of lunches and mains and sometimes desserts (all low syn)
    I don't use the days though all days are numbers 1-7..So I can mix and match what I have each day.
    I do all Extra Easy so its easy to follow...
    I shop for the week and make sure I have everything I need in the house.

I think planning is a huge part of SW, without it you are more likely to eat whatever you've got or buy something totally wrong..

I much prefer to have everything here..
    I have to be quite organised and cook am about to cook tomorrows lunch. But its worth it..

4. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    i write a list of meals i fancy on wednesday, go shopping thursday for all the ingrediants i need so i have everything, and just see what i fancy on each day, i always have alpen lights of ryvita minis as my HEb and a muller in morn so no planning there, then i just have left overs for my lunches..

that way im all always organised and planned, but dont feel restricted to my day by day plans.

xx

5. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    I usually go shopping after WI and buy a bunch of things I love eating, i.e. my regulars like greek yogurt, porridge, corn thins, veggies, milk etc. And based on that, I have a rough idea what I'll be cooking on a daily basis.Usually I make a big pot of something like a soup or curry which I have for lunch for the week and then dinner could be anything I fancy. I usually text my husband what I need for dinner and he gets them by the time I'm home from work.

6. Loopeylou

Loopeylou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I plan a few days ahead normally but this week i've planned the evening before....fridge, freezer and cupboards are fully stocked so never fear of what to have thats for sure ( and no excuse lol )

Thats what I love about SW it doesn't matter how much time you have it works :)

Claire
    x

7. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    I plan a week ahead- even after 20 months. I just find it so much easier to plan as I go out and eat out a lot. I write down all meals, where I will have my HEXs, potential danger areas for the day (e.g if I know I am going to the cinema I will want popcorn) and then a plan of what I will do to counter the danger (allow syns for a small popcorn, take a low syn alternative, eat before going so I am less likely to want it, etc)

Of the meals that I plan, I occasionally veer off if something unexpected happens or if I just don't fancy eating it at that particular time, but make sure the equivalent is on par with the planned food in syns.

I defo find that when I plan the whole thing is much easier
    x

8. NIKI

NIKI Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I do extra easy as I like to be able to have a bit of everything, I dont plan just decide what I'm gong to have and make it SW friendly. I do write everything down in a little book to keep track and if I know I'm going out in the week I will be good on syns for the rest of the week.

9. sassie

sassie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find it quite hard to plan in advance, i'm just not very organised! I usually stock up on the basics (fresh veg, pasta, rice, eggs etc) when I do a shop so that if there's a specific thing I want I can pop to Tesco at the end of the road and grab it. My lunch and brekkie is pretty much always the same so I spend my day (while I should be working) thinking about what I can make for dinner. Works for me :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.