How do YOU follow SW?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by hayleyw, 8 December 2009 Social URL.

1. hayleyw

hayleyw Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hey everyone,

Was wondering how you follow SW on a day to basis, especially those of you that have been on it while? Do you plan what you're going to eat for the day? Write everything down as you eat/in the morning/evening? plan what syns your going to have or see what you fancy?

Just interested to hear your views! I strictly planned everything at the start of the week when I first started, then wrote it down at the end of the day. I have since stopped doing this and am now struggling to stick to plan, i clearly need routine and discipline!x x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tfmd

tfmd Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - lapsed
    I do a weekly menu of lunches and mains and sometimes desserts (all low syn)
    I don't use the days though all days are numbers 1-7..So I can mix and match what I have each day.
    I do all Extra Easy so its easy to follow...
    I shop for the week and make sure I have everything I need in the house.

I think planning is a huge part of SW, without it you are more likely to eat whatever you've got or buy something totally wrong..

I much prefer to have everything here..
    I have to be quite organised and cook am about to cook tomorrows lunch. But its worth it..

4. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    i write a list of meals i fancy on wednesday, go shopping thursday for all the ingrediants i need so i have everything, and just see what i fancy on each day, i always have alpen lights of ryvita minis as my HEb and a muller in morn so no planning there, then i just have left overs for my lunches..

that way im all always organised and planned, but dont feel restricted to my day by day plans.

xx

5. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    I usually go shopping after WI and buy a bunch of things I love eating, i.e. my regulars like greek yogurt, porridge, corn thins, veggies, milk etc. And based on that, I have a rough idea what I'll be cooking on a daily basis.Usually I make a big pot of something like a soup or curry which I have for lunch for the week and then dinner could be anything I fancy. I usually text my husband what I need for dinner and he gets them by the time I'm home from work.

6. Loopeylou

Loopeylou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I plan a few days ahead normally but this week i've planned the evening before....fridge, freezer and cupboards are fully stocked so never fear of what to have thats for sure ( and no excuse lol )

Thats what I love about SW it doesn't matter how much time you have it works :)

Claire
    x

7. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    I plan a week ahead- even after 20 months. I just find it so much easier to plan as I go out and eat out a lot. I write down all meals, where I will have my HEXs, potential danger areas for the day (e.g if I know I am going to the cinema I will want popcorn) and then a plan of what I will do to counter the danger (allow syns for a small popcorn, take a low syn alternative, eat before going so I am less likely to want it, etc)

Of the meals that I plan, I occasionally veer off if something unexpected happens or if I just don't fancy eating it at that particular time, but make sure the equivalent is on par with the planned food in syns.

I defo find that when I plan the whole thing is much easier
    x

8. NIKI

NIKI Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I do extra easy as I like to be able to have a bit of everything, I dont plan just decide what I'm gong to have and make it SW friendly. I do write everything down in a little book to keep track and if I know I'm going out in the week I will be good on syns for the rest of the week.

9. sassie

sassie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find it quite hard to plan in advance, i'm just not very organised! I usually stock up on the basics (fresh veg, pasta, rice, eggs etc) when I do a shop so that if there's a specific thing I want I can pop to Tesco at the end of the road and grab it. My lunch and brekkie is pretty much always the same so I spend my day (while I should be working) thinking about what I can make for dinner. Works for me :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.