How do you forget?

jodidi

Silver Member
In the time ive spent messing around, ive tried other diets and read alot about nutrition. But as we all know, there is a lot of contradicting information on the net. Anyway, my head is thus full to the brim with different info on dieting and it keeps interfering with me doing SW because I keep thinking "well on such and such a diet you cant do that" or "well, so and so website said you shouldnt eat that". ITS DRIVING ME NUTS :banghead::banghead::banghead:!

So how can I make myself focus on SW and forget what I have learned in the past?

Its making me grind to a holt because I want to focus on SW but all these other things keep popping up in my head! Your mind is a powerful thing, thats for sure!

Thanks Jodi

I agrre, ive just oved over from ww and its really hard not to point everything. I think you just have to try and folow it as best you can

I can see you've done great so far so keep going :) You can do it!

A few years back I moved from WW to SW and to be honest my meals didnt change that much as both are about cutting out fat.

Syns as a rule ofthumb doubled on SW but then therewas no such thing as free food on WW, which annoyed me having to point fruit.

My best advice is buy from your consultant a couple of SW magazines and copy their 7 day plans for
the first few weeks.

Best of luck.

I've been the same, done atkins the works, researched loads of different ways but this beats what i want from a diet so i can understand your going nuts I keep the sheets with me most of the time to keep refering to it! I find I get bored easily!

I've been the same, done atkins the works, researched loads of different ways but this beats what i want from a diet so i can understand your going nuts I keep the sheets with me most of the time to keep refering to it! I find I get bored easily!

I thought to myself today that I can totally see myself eating the SW way for life so why am I trying to find a better way to lose, madness, lol! SW is the best diet for me to live with, theres hardly any weighing or counting and theres lots of choice.

I think I need to just keep reading the book like you said until it is firmly in my head. I know it works but the longer I dither over it the longer its going to take for me to reach my goals. I thinks im just going to have to tell myself to forget what ive learnt and embrace SW!

wow this thread is so me its great to read all the comments here ive just posted something similiar on the sw main page i tend to bore very easy but now need to nuckle down we can all do this its about will power and supporting each other

i tend to bore very easy but now need to nuckle down we can all do this its about will power and supporting each other

I get bored with stuff too so I know where you're coming from. I never complete anything. For me personally, I think it's a very bad habit because I do this with all sorts of things in my life and it drives my family nuts. I get all enthusiastic and get all the gear then 2 weeks down the line im bored. I always want instant results (especially with my weight loss). I need to accept that you can't always get instant results and that by giving up I am missing out on so many good things in my life. E.g. I started making jewellery for fun and then a friend asked me to make some stuff and another asked me to teach her and then I gave up, :eek:. Because it got too hard and more work. And I do this all the time :sigh:. I think it is laziness and I need to remember that you cant click your fingers and expect everything to be handed to you. And that you get satisfaction from working for something not from it instantly appearing. Also hobbies etc can fill time in a good way e.g. can stop you from eating when your bored.

Basically Im lazy and I need to get my butt off this couch and start living my life!!!!!

Wohhh, sorry about that but it needed saying, lol! I needed a good talking to! Now ill bend over and anyone who wants give me a good boot, feel free, but be gentle, lol!

Last edited:
this is so like me its as if i wrote it do you have a food diary on here i can read i used to have one but gave up when i tried all the other diet plans on here TBH i've probably got a food diary on every diet on minimins i'm starting sw afresh morro got my books out again and will start a diary again you seem determined though and thats the base you need plus we both know our own weaknesses we can do this i'm sure of it.

hey all

we would all love instant results, I'd love to wake up tomorrow looking like Kate Moss but the reality of it is that the weight did n't come on over night, it took time, and its the same with losing. Infact it takes a lot longer to lose than it does to gain so we can't expect instant results but with a bit of time, patience and effort we can all do it and all support each other through the difficult times. We will all have ups and downs during our weightloss journey and have days where we doubt that the way we are doing things is the right way for us but if we all focus on our common goal our journeys will be so much easier.

I've tried countless different weightloss programmes over the years, even had weightloss surgery twice but time and time again I find myself coming back to Slimming World - its the only thing that gives me good results with really, not as much effort as other programmes take. The difference between SW and other plans is that, in my opinion, SW can be taken as a way of life, even after you have lost weight you just add a few extras so that you maintain. Everything else that I have tried feel like a diet or a weightloss programme. You never have to feel deprived with SW, you can have anything you want, in moderation and it teaches us to be in control of our food instead of our food controlling us.

Hope that helps

Alia xxxx

do you have a food diary on here i can read

No sorry, but Im going to get my old written food diaries out to see what I used to eat and get some ideas. Maybe you could do the same!

hey all

We will all have ups and downs during our weightloss journey and have days where we doubt that the way we are doing things is the right way for us but if we all focus on our common goal our journeys will be so much easier.
[FONT=Comic Sans

Thats so true I do think that we all have moments of doubt when things dont seem to be going right. And yes we need to focus on the end goal and remember how far we have come and what we have achieved and how much better we feel!

I so need to take my own advise, lol! I need to look back on these post when I'm struggling, lol!

I can really relate the the part about not doing anything with your life and needing to just go live it.
I spend most days indoors, on here as there isnt anything else for me to do. im sure there prob is, but im too lazy/scared to do it. i feel life is passing me by.

I spend most days indoors, on here as there isnt anything else for me to do. im sure there prob is, but im too lazy/scared to do it. i feel life is passing me by.

That was my biggest thing. I hated doing anything on my own, and because I'm not from up here, and because of the kids, and hubby's issues, I never had time to go anywhere to make friends. The HV would always tell me I need to go to parent/toddler groups, but I would never go because the thought of walking into those places by myself scared the bejeesus out of me. They would all be friends already, and then in walks the fat girl. Irrational? Maybe but that was me. Then I started to feel down because I had no friends, but at the same time wouldn't do anything about it.

My first BIG step was going to SW class, I was shaking like a leaf driving down there, but they welcomed me, and made me feel part of the group right away. I've started making friends there now, and I forced myself to go swimming (even then I would set my alarm for 6am to go to the early bird swimming so there wouldn't be as many people). But now I meet one of the other ladies who goes every morning and I have a swimming buddy.

Writing it down doesn't seem to show the fear I had, and how hard it was for me to do those things by myself, but I'm so glad I made myself.

Its not my weight that makes me feel that way, its just me and my insecuritys from my past experiances with people. being an only child doesnt help either, i guess im used to it now but it does really get me down.

Back