How do you get motivated??

shazza2971

I need help this week, completely lost it the past 2 days, and need to get back on track. Oops.:break_diet:

I really want to lose all my weight but I keep looking at others eating and drinking and just wish I could as well.

I haven't managed a ss week yet, I keep having something to eat, i would say I am proabably doing the ss+ in a fashion.

My weight loss has been slow, but I am not feeling hungry, and I am happy with what I've done so far. I just get tempted by others.

I need to be strong and say no, its easier to write it down than actually do it, but I know I can, i just need family and friends to be behind me I think.

Anyone else having problems getting motivated? would love to hear from you.

:wave_cry:Hi Shazza, I completely understand where you are coming from - I start off practically everyday aiming to stick to ss but then either at work or at home I am tempted by something delicious and fail miserably when trying to say NO :sigh:!!!I read all the comments on the forum and wish I had the strength to last even a week (or 3 days!!) on ss without "cheating"!! I have a holiday in 6 weeks and had hoped to have lost a fair bit by then!! Maybe we could motivate each other??

sounds good shazzabiscuit, I am starting a fresh tomorrow. Today was a total wash out.

I will be strong and get to my goal.

I hope you do too.

Hi hun

I could have easily written your post myself.

I don't have the answer to what motivates us and I truly wish I did as Im sure that would help us all.

I think you just get to a point where you think enough is enough and you go for it. Ive done it once where my willpower was so strong that I didn't cave in at all and I would truly love to get back to that place right now!

Good luck on your journey hun!

xx

if im out and feel a bit wobbly i carry a picture and i also have stuck pictures of myself around the house of when i was slim, so if i think mmm that food looks nice, i then look at pics and say to myself but that looks nicer, that is what has motivated me x

sheer determination is what is motivating me - I am so sick of being fat and feeling unworthy that I know I have to do this. My way of thinking about it is if I cheat it is gonna take me 3 times as long to loose the weight when if I dont cheat I can start on my new healthy sexy way of life in hopefully less than 6 months :)

Also I think you have to not think of it as I quick fix - I try and tell myself I am a food addict who at the moment is incapable of choosing the right thing to eat so by being on ss I am building up the strength to be able to make the right choices when it comes to returning to eat food. This is life changing for me and I know this diet and the way I let food control me in the past is gonna change.

Keep telling yourself that you are in control of what you eat and not the food.

Not sure if that helps but its helping me xx

I think you have to remember why you are doing this... and keep that in mind when you are about to have a moment of weakness!! Or, everytime you want food - just try to think whether it is because your bore, or, if your body actually need it!! (most of the time it is because you are bore)

I find that everytime I have a moment where I think I want food, DO SOMETHING to keep my mind busy! I was out all the time for the first 2 weeks!! Just so I wouldn't eat food!! Which helped me to stick to it!

Hope that helps!

There's someone on the CD board who has in their sig "26 weeks, no cheating, lost 9 stone!" (Sorry, forgot who it is!)
Whenever I'm having a tough moment I just think of that.
x

I have managed to stick to sole sourcing for 15 weeks now, no wavering/cheating. I wish i knew the secret but I dont, if I did, I would not b doing CD, I would have stuck one of the other 400 diets I have tried!

All I can say is that yes, It has be bloody hard and unless you have done it yourself, no one knows how hard it is, but I have managed it.

Pehaps it is about mind set? Perhaps you have to be SO pi*s off with your weight that you just get to that place? Perhaps it is lots of things, work/home situation, age etc etc?

All I can say is what has been said on here 100 times before, you only fail when you give up.

You CAN and WILL get there. I still have two and a half stone to go and I am hoping that I will not lose what ever I have now that is enalbing me to stick to it, before then. But if I do, there is going to be no failing but continued trying!!

keep focused and remember why you are on this diet in first place.... try and imagine how good you will feel and look when you reach your goal... Only you can do it.... If you get hungry.. drink more water or go out and look at all the lovely clothes you will soon be able to get into..

claire
Now to try and follow my own advice!!!

the posts on this thread are excellent and thank you for your replies, I feel it seems we are all in the same boat.

It is all about will power, but not sure how your own becomes stronger, is it determination.

I do get lost along the way and I have already had my downs, I am on an up now and I hope for my sake that it lasts til I am at goal and have maintained.

Good luck to all of you and lets try to motivate each other.

Ladies just read this thread now and I have found it extremely helpful. I had a couple of bad days and managed to get myself back on track today. I had changed from SS to 790 as my BMI got below 25. However, mentally I just wasn't ready to make the right decisions about food (though having said that in the intial few weeks with planned cheats I managed to get back on track with no problem and also when I had the odd cheat). Just don't know why I went off piste the past couple of days when I binged on peanuts, and some crackers two nights in a row. Anyway, I managed to get through today and have found the motivation I need to stick at it from this the posts on this thread. Thank you!

Back