How do you handle this?

angel123

The main problem I face whilst trying to diet is I get what I call "eating days", days where no matter what I eat, I don't feel full. Does anyone else have this and how do you deal with it?

Have u tried Johnson's up day, down day diet. There is a section on minimins. Come have a look x

Are you eating the right type of food? stick to low GI food and you will feel full - I ate porridge for breakfast, banana for mid-morning snack and then other low GI foods during the day - it was amazing - within a couple of days I really adapted to this and lost loads of weight. Oh ... and loads of tropical fruit -mangoes, pineapples etc!!

Its important to realise that not everytime we feel hungry we are actually physically hungry. The best bet is to make sure you are eating enough and regularly not long gaps of going without, make sure you are having enough fluid as thirst can often be mistaken for hunger and if you are eating enough and drinking enough then its likely its emotional hunger , emotional hunger often is more sudden than physical hunger and you just feel starving whatever you eat or drink, its now that you need to address your emotions, ask yourself "what is it that I am trying to avoid here? what is it that I may be trying to push down with food?" most of us do this some to a lesser degree and some to a more severe level but in each case it could be something like an issue at work, a row with a partner, something that has just made you sad, angry, frustrated, even happy most of us eat for emotional reasons and the key is sometimes realising that rather than putting your focus on the food think of why you want to eat all of a sudden, nine times out of ten if you look at it there will be a reason for your emotional hunger. Its just something I find very useful as I am a massive emotional eater yet since I have been facing the emotions rather than pushing them down with food I have become aware of when my body is telling me its physically hungry and when its emotionally hungry. Emotional hunger often leaves you never full or satisfied however much you put into your body. Em x

Its important to realise that not everytime we feel hungry we are actually physically hungry. The best bet is to make sure you are eating enough and regularly not long gaps of going without, make sure you are having enough fluid as thirst can often be mistaken for hunger and if you are eating enough and drinking enough then its likely its emotional hunger , emotional hunger often is more sudden than physical hunger and you just feel starving whatever you eat or drink, its now that you need to address your emotions, ask yourself "what is it that I am trying to avoid here? what is it that I may be trying to push down with food?" most of us do this some to a lesser degree and some to a more severe level but in each case it could be something like an issue at work, a row with a partner, something that has just made you sad, angry, frustrated, even happy most of us eat for emotional reasons and the key is sometimes realising that rather than putting your focus on the food think of why you want to eat all of a sudden, nine times out of ten if you look at it there will be a reason for your emotional hunger. Its just something I find very useful as I am a massive emotional eater yet since I have been facing the emotions rather than pushing them down with food I have become aware of when my body is telling me its physically hungry and when its emotionally hungry. Emotional hunger often leaves you never full or satisfied however much you put into your body. Em x

thanks! I think I know I'm not actually hungry most of the time I eat. My problem is that, as I'm on holidays from university at the moment, and haven't been able to get a job yet, I'm stuck at home most of the time and it's so easy to tell myself I'm hungry just pop to the kitchen and grab something little to eat. :/ I'll try drinking water first in future as I don't think I get enough fluid intake :)

thanks! I think I know I'm not actually hungry most of the time I eat. My problem is that, as I'm on holidays from university at the moment, and haven't been able to get a job yet, I'm stuck at home most of the time and it's so easy to tell myself I'm hungry just pop to the kitchen and grab something little to eat. :/ I'll try drinking water first in future as I don't think I get enough fluid intake :)
I put a picture of fat me on my fridge door, serving as a friendly reminder... ;)
Sometimes, it helps.

This sounds just like me too!

I can quite often get round the urge to eat by having a really nice drink - either by having a soft drink and adding ice cubes and a straw so it seems a bit more special, or by having a coffee and adding sugar-free flavoured syrup to it. It just makes me feel like I am having a little treat!

I was dire for not drinking enough, I always put down my hunger pangs to physical hunger but realised when I looked at my diet that in any given day I hardly drank a thing, I mean I must have been completely dehydrated, since I have been drinking loads of weak orange squash as I can't seem to face water on its own I am not feeling as hungry and can keep to my diet plan much more easily. I can't believe changing something like drinking more could make such a major difference and to boot my skin etc has never looked better. Em x

Hey its important to understand we are all individuals we all have different body types. One thing might work for me and not for yourselves. I recommend to start off with the basics and see how it goes from here:

Big breakfast
Plenty of water (make sure water is cold if not add ice)
Don't eat 3 hours before going to sleep
After eating go for a 10 minute walk
Spread out your eating times instead of having few big meals a day (break it down to 6 meals scattered through the day)

Good Look :D

Back