How do you KEEP motivated?

I'm on my way

We all have a trigger that sets us dieting (again) but what keeps you motivated? Is it keeping losing, reaching a mini target, fitting in smaller clothes, that holiday on the horizon?

I started again on Monday after booking a holiday over the weekend. I am desperate to lose at least a stone preferably nearer to two before I go in 14weeks! Easy you say between 1-2lbs a week is do-able, but the problem is can I actually keep motivated for 14 weeks! Last time (only a few months ago) I started dieting and was really good for a month but lost less than 2lbs, fell off the wagon and gained 10lbs.

So, how do I keep motivated, I need your help xx

I find exercise keeps me motivated. After a good workout I actually want to be good and healthy. I also have saturday nights off where I don't count points at all. I don't throw the whole day away, just the evening and eat low food point during the day. And when I am doing exercise I keep thinking that it will buy me beer and a chinese!! I think giving myself a night off once a week stops me feeling deprived and apart from the jubilee weekend when I had more than just saturday night off, I have still lost every week. I do quite a lot of swimming and have a treadmill though.

The clothes do help, and for me I am more motivated than I was in the beginning as I am able to go to any shop now, and it feels amazing. I never want that feeling to go away!

Hi Cheryl, I also have a holiday booked and really want to be able to buy nice summery clothes and feel comfortable in them. This is what i keep reminding myself when i don't feel motivated. I go away in October so i hopefully have time to lose some weight before i go. I have done SW but started WW on Wednesday. I would like to lose at least a stone, maybe two. I know that is a lot of weight but i feel determined this time.
I hope you are successful in your weight loss. Maybe we can encourage each other?

Good luck,

Hannah

I keep watching things like secret eaters. Supersize super skinny. Fat families etc. always disgusts me and reminds me I have the potential to be that again. Also focus on my kids. They are my main reason x

With me it is my other programme. With that there is no deviating. If I blow it, just for one mouthful, then I have to start it all over again. That is BIG motivation!

If we knew the answer to this we would all be skinny minnies.
Trick is to make sure you enjoy what your doing, plan ahead and allow for treats.
If I feel fed up I think about how far I've come, I re read books, magazines, sometimes mid week if I'm feeling low I text my leader and she's always there to boost me back up.
This site is a really good way to keep motivated , everyone here is at different stages of their journeys and can always lend an ear to bend or a story to build you up Xx

Bit sad, but I read forums and have my books at all times. I get a bit obsessed to be honest, but it helps me stay on track. Some may think I get too into it, but if this is how I'm going to get fit and healthy then so be it :)

Bit sad, but I read forums and have my books at all times. I get a bit obsessed to be honest, but it helps me stay on track. Some may think I get too into it, but if this is how I'm going to get fit and healthy then so be it :)

Not at all MrsSkinny2be :) In my other programme we use the tools of the programme to keep going and one of those is literature. I have physical books, and books on my iPad and Kindle so that I always have SOMETHING with me if I need it :)

Back