How do you know when you are in Ketosis?

Loopy!

Silver Member
Apart from not feeling hungry?

I've read a few times on here about people being in ketosis after sometimes as little as 12 hours.

How do you know? I asked my CDC yesterday and all she said was you don't feel hungry anymore.

:confused:

You will probably feel cold (especially your hands), you might feel fab and full of energy, you won't be hungry. There's a sticky at the top of this forum as well that might help.

You could try the ketostix but they don't work for everyone.

I get (and have at the moment) a foul taste in my mouth!
Like every thing with ketosis some do and some don't.

Hi,

I've just gone into Ketosis yesterday and I feel like I've just got over a bad case of PMT! lol
I don't feel hungry and my hands and feet are freezing.

HTH

Jen
x

Hmmm, i had kfc last night and one wkd so i should definitely kicked myself out of ketosis but today back on ss an my hands and feet are already freezing and ive got the worst breath ever!! could this be possible??

Apart from not feeling hungry?

I've read a few times on here about people being in ketosis after sometimes as little as 12 hours.

How do you know? I asked my CDC yesterday and all she said was you don't feel hungry anymore.

:confused:

You feel like this
:gen125::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

SOME PEOPLE DONT FEEL FULL OF ENERGY sorry but all symtoms should be said not just the positive we are on this diet for a good reason so should be told straight... i feel freezing all the time my hands go numb and some days i cant do house work cause i feel so bloody rough like today. bad breath sometimes infected gums.. dizzyness..shakes.. and drink plenty of water or you feel worse.. these are just few of the bad affects theres loads more belive me iv done my research.. im doing this diet cause i struggeld to play with my kids..well i still cant i feel like **** ahhhhhh im offffffffff..............

SOME PEOPLE DONT FEEL FULL OF ENERGY sorry but all symtoms should be said not just the positive we are on this diet for a good reason so should be told straight... i feel freezing all the time my hands go numb and some days i cant do house work cause i feel so bloody rough like today. bad breath sometimes infected gums.. dizzyness..shakes.. and drink plenty of water or you feel worse.. these are just few of the bad affects theres loads more belive me iv done my research.. im doing this diet cause i struggeld to play with my kids..well i still cant i feel like **** ahhhhhh im offffffffff..............

The majority of clients do get lots of energy, feeling cold is quite common.

Have you had your blood pressure/blood sugars checked? Thyroid checked? tiredness and being cold are also symptoms of that?

If you are drinking enough and not having any extras (playing devils advocate here not accusing you of having anything else) there may be an underlying cause for your tiredness.

It might be worth a visit to the GP for a check up.

Linda

To be fair a quick google brings up all the good and bad effects of ketosis. I don't think anyone is trying to hide anything, after all, many would give up it they just suddenly hit these symptoms without prior knowledge.

As Linda says, a visit to your GP is probably in order, just in case.

my height is 5ft and my bmi was 35 its now 28..yeah im on the right programme..i dont need doctors thanks girls as i didnt feel this way befor cd and i def aint tired and recently had my blood sugar levels tested.. iv done my research on this and lots of women feel this way..i respect your a trained cdc but you also had to train and research befor you came one and iv done alot of research myself.. i feel better now i was just giving my intake on how I SOMETIMES FEEL and i respect your clients feel great but i was answering for the few who dont..

my height is 5ft and my bmi was 35 its now 28..yeah im on the right programme..i dont need doctors thanks girls as i didnt feel this way befor cd and i def aint tired and recently had my blood sugar levels tested.. iv done my research on this and lots of women feel this way..i respect your a trained cdc but you also had to train and research befor you came one and iv done alot of research myself.. i feel better now i was just giving my intake on how I SOMETIMES FEEL and i respect your clients feel great but i was answering for the few who dont..
i agree with what you say too chick, i feel so tired when im in ketosis but i do et bursts of energy, not that it lasts long.:)

Back