How do you know.....

By rights you should feel energised! Although my body seems to have forgotten this as I feel as normal as I used to which is a bit of a shame!

You may also get a horrible taste in your mouth which can make your breath a bit smelly!!

You should also stop feeling proper physical hunger. You'll probably have 'head hunger' but your body is nourished by your fat supplies... So you no longer need to eat (apart from your shakes etc which provide essential nutrients to your body.

Don't be scared ... Honestly, it's all good! (apart from the shifty breath!!)

Cx

*shifty* should read whiffy!! Blinking iPhone!!

Oh and it will probably take between 3 (if ur lucky) to 5 days x

hahaha!!! Im always making typos on my phone - bloody touch screen!!! ;)

..Symptoms of ketosis include tiredness, headache, metallic taste in the mouth, bad breath (where the body is releasing an acetone in the breath due to the ketosis burning process)...BUT all of these symptoms should subside in a couple of days and the nice side of ketosis kicks in: energy, Energy, ENERGY, EENNNERRRGGYYY....And did I mention energy? :)

woohoo, bring it on ketosis!! Also, should I stop drinking Diet coke? I have a bit of an addiction, will it stop me?

And.....

What sort of things can I eat as a 400 cal meal?

Sorry to bombard you, but you seem to know what youre doing x

Yes! Stop drinking diet coke as it contains citric acid. Switch to coke zero - you can drink this, its absolutely fine...Have a look at the sticky on drinks we're allowed as it details lots of other things we can have....Remember to drink plenty of water though!!!!

As for a 400cal meal, I would usually have grilled chicken, fish or lean steak with steamed greens, salad or cauliflower. Don't worry about asking questions - its really good that you are asking!
Are you doing WS? I am on TS, I have a WS day once a week after weigh in day :) xx

Be sure to steer clear of root veg, carrots, spuds, turnips etc....They contain carbs!

Wait!? DR P ZERO!? This comes in ZERO!???? *Runs to nearest supermarket and buys their entire stock*

My shopping list consists of: Bouillon, mineral water, cok zero, chicken breast, greens and eggs....Mr Lauriel's is endless!!!! He eats so much end never gains a lb! :(

Hi, if you only like diet coke (like me).. i would give up the diet coke before you start the diet... i did this this time and went through diet coke withdrawal symptoms.. but i could have food to help me through it.. when i started the diet i was fine and only had a bit of hunger until ketosis kicked in

Think so as it has citric acid in it. Try coke zero or dr pepper zero. I didn't think I'd like dr pepper zero as I could the full fat too sweet but I love it. Could drink it all day given the chance

I drink a lot of coke zero but when I go out with friends etc coke zero is a little harder to come by so I have diet coke, it hasn't affected my losses, not that I'm encouraging it just letting you know its not quite the end of your diet if you do have a bit once in a blue moon on a night out etc

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using MiniMins

Back