How do you make the perfect CD mousse?

DisneyParis

An Attitude of Gratitude
Does anyone know how to make CD mousse with the mix-a-mousse so that it turns out right every time?

How much water do you add? Do you add a little water first to make a paste with the powder before adding the remaining water?

Thanks for any replies.

when ive made it ive used 150ml of water straight from the fridge, the colder the better, add the mix a mousse to the shake powder then add to the water and blend for 30 secs to 1 min depends on the blender. i find it is a bit thick so maybe ill make another using 200 ml of cold water next time, dont make it in to a paste tho, then put it in the fridge for 10 mins, i know people do it a bit differently but i was just going off the instructions on the MAM tub

I mix the shake and a scoop of mix a mousse together first. Then use 200ml of cold water out of the fridge and pour into a jug and blend for two mins minimum. The idea is to get as much air into it as possible. Then put in the fridge for 5 - 10 mins. It should still be consumed within the 15min time frame that CD suggests. Easily done with the mousse though at it is yummy :D

I would like an answer to this too! I ahve tried twice - the first was like rubber and disgusting. the second was much better but wasn't moussy at all - more like jelly even though I whisked for ages.

The first time i made it, it turned out like custard lol. . . Water not cold enough and didnt whisk long enough and the second time i made it, it was like jelly, think i whisked it for too long. Two minutes whisking seems to do the job with a hand blender. Got mine from Tesco (£15), handy size to take to work :D

Thanks for your replies.

Just made some - turned out really well, l think l wasn't whisking it for long enough/getting enough air into it before.

Back