• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

How do you make the perfect CD mousse?

DisneyParis

An Attitude of Gratitude
Does anyone know how to make CD mousse with the mix-a-mousse so that it turns out right every time?

How much water do you add? Do you add a little water first to make a paste with the powder before adding the remaining water?

Thanks for any replies.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 15st7lb C: 11st6lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 23 Loss: 4st1lb(26.27%)
when ive made it ive used 150ml of water straight from the fridge, the colder the better, add the mix a mousse to the shake powder then add to the water and blend for 30 secs to 1 min depends on the blender. i find it is a bit thick so maybe ill make another using 200 ml of cold water next time, dont make it in to a paste tho, then put it in the fridge for 10 mins, i know people do it a bit differently but i was just going off the instructions on the MAM tub

Hayley 22

would like to be slim
S: 12st6.8lb C: 12st6.8lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 31 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I mix the shake and a scoop of mix a mousse together first. Then use 200ml of cold water out of the fridge and pour into a jug and blend for two mins minimum. The idea is to get as much air into it as possible. Then put in the fridge for 5 - 10 mins. It should still be consumed within the 15min time frame that CD suggests. Easily done with the mousse though at it is yummy :D

AlexIce

Silver Member
S: 160kg C: 147kg G: 100kg BMI: 47.9 Loss: 13kg(8.11%)
I would like an answer to this too! I ahve tried twice - the first was like rubber and disgusting. the second was much better but wasn't moussy at all - more like jelly even though I whisked for ages.

Hayley 22

would like to be slim
S: 12st6.8lb C: 12st6.8lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 31 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
The first time i made it, it turned out like custard lol. . . Water not cold enough and didnt whisk long enough and the second time i made it, it was like jelly, think i whisked it for too long. Two minutes whisking seems to do the job with a hand blender. Got mine from Tesco (£15), handy size to take to work :D

DisneyParis

An Attitude of Gratitude
Thanks for your replies.

Just made some - turned out really well, l think l wasn't whisking it for long enough/getting enough air into it before.