How do you make the perfect CD mousse?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by DisneyParis, 1 February 2010 Social URL.

1. DisneyParis

DisneyParis An Attitude of Gratitude

Does anyone know how to make CD mousse with the mix-a-mousse so that it turns out right every time?

How much water do you add? Do you add a little water first to make a paste with the powder before adding the remaining water?

Thanks for any replies.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    when ive made it ive used 150ml of water straight from the fridge, the colder the better, add the mix a mousse to the shake powder then add to the water and blend for 30 secs to 1 min depends on the blender. i find it is a bit thick so maybe ill make another using 200 ml of cold water next time, dont make it in to a paste tho, then put it in the fridge for 10 mins, i know people do it a bit differently but i was just going off the instructions on the MAM tub

DisneyParis likes this.
  4. Hayley 22

Hayley 22 would like to be slim

Start Weight:
    12st3.8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I mix the shake and a scoop of mix a mousse together first. Then use 200ml of cold water out of the fridge and pour into a jug and blend for two mins minimum. The idea is to get as much air into it as possible. Then put in the fridge for 5 - 10 mins. It should still be consumed within the 15min time frame that CD suggests. Easily done with the mousse though at it is yummy :D

DisneyParis likes this.
  5. AlexIce

AlexIce Silver Member

Start Weight:
    160kg
    Current Weight:
    147kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    13kg(8.11%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I would like an answer to this too! I ahve tried twice - the first was like rubber and disgusting. the second was much better but wasn't moussy at all - more like jelly even though I whisked for ages.

6. Hayley 22

Hayley 22 would like to be slim

Start Weight:
    12st3.8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The first time i made it, it turned out like custard lol. . . Water not cold enough and didnt whisk long enough and the second time i made it, it was like jelly, think i whisked it for too long. Two minutes whisking seems to do the job with a hand blender. Got mine from Tesco (£15), handy size to take to work :D

7. DisneyParis

DisneyParis An Attitude of Gratitude

Thanks for your replies.

Just made some - turned out really well, l think l wasn't whisking it for long enough/getting enough air into it before.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.