How do you make your mash?

chocolate_bananas

Silver Member
My SW friendly mash is rubbish! I used to put butter/cream in it but there are far too many syns in that for SW.

So what potato's do you use? Do you use a masher or a ricer? What do you add to it?

What would it be like with low fat cheese triangles added to it has anyone tried this? Thought it would be nice for the baked bean and quorn sausage pie.

chocolate_bananas said:
My SW friendly mash is rubbish! I used to put butter/cream in it but there are far too many syns in that for SW.

So what potato's do you use? Do you use a masher or a ricer? What do you add to it?

What would it be like with low fat cheese triangles added to it has anyone tried this? Thought it would be nice for the baked bean and quorn sausage pie.

Hi
I make a quorn pie it's very tasty, making it your way sounds great, I either do it tomato based sauce with quorn mince or cottage pie style gravy with the quorn mince.
The mash we make with either quark n a tiny bit of light flora or with low fat cheese like u say, normally laughing cow light.
If u want a crispy topping a small bit of grated parmesan will make it tasty, I know it's a sin or u cud have it as us HDa.
All the best x

I have seen something, think poss sw magazine for mustard mash which is very good. Use a stock made from chicken stock cube and a tsp mustard powder in ur mash. Does taste creamy, Iwas surprised, especially when my other half and son liked it also

Thanks all, i will give some of these ideas a try and report back :)

A couple of cheese triangles/philly light with chives and some fried leek - nyom! Goes really well with sausages!

I still add some milk and white pepper, although try to limit the butter/flora light that goes in.

I know some people add fat free natural yogurt or fromage frais right at the end to make it creamy.

Mmmm.... mash! I did buy a potato ricer but haven't used it much yet. Need to get mashing!

I use a potato ricer which has been my favourite kitchen buy for a while. All I need to add is a little marg & all ok.

OH is a little fussy & wouldn't like onions etc mixed in, so for an easy life just make it how he likes it;)

Mash

Try 'Vivaldi' potatoes, I get them from Sainsburys, they taste like mash with a huge dollop of Lurpak.....you dont need to add anything, their sooooo creamy and buttery

Back