How do you make

I do mine the same as chips, boil them for about 5 mins until soft but not too soft, then shake them in the pan or collinder to rough them up a bit and then onto the baking tray with a squirt of fry light. I even have my other half fooled that they are "real fatty" roasties now!

I find if you boil them to the point they still have thier shape but too soft to cut into the chip shape, then drain, wack on the tray and pour frylight, season with pepper and wack in the oven high, they tend toc crisp really well, the more soft they are to begin with the better. (so i think anyways) as when you drain the 'chip' the side themselves, and arnt clean cut, if that makes any sence?

i always par boil give the a good shake to fluff them up spray with fry light and sprinke a chicken oxo cube on them mmmmm

i used to cook them in with the meat which is a no no now lol so the stock cube gives them a little more flavour

I read on here somewhere, sprinkle with dark soy sauce before you put them in the oven, mum has tried and said they were yummy just like the "real" thing:D

My top tip is if you cook them on a pizza tray (the ones with the holes in the bottom) then you don't need to keep turning them.

I also spray the tray and the potatoes with frylight and sprinkle salt on top.

(Needed to find another use for the pizza tray anyway, as I am no longer cooking forzen pizza on it....:D)

Back