How do you measure your bust?

amethyst

Banned
I just did my measurements, and around my bust (just underneath) i am a 35 ?

how do you measure your bust cup measurement?

please :)

thankyou

Most places that sell lingerie have their own little charts to help you. They explain really easily how to do it.

If your measurement (underbust) is an odd number, you add 5, and if its even, you add 4. So where you have measured yourself as 35 inches, you would add 5 and give yourself the measurement of 40 in a bra:) The cup size is a little more complicated, because it seems to be done on a chart, and is the difference between your ORIGINAL ( not with the added on 4 or 5) underbust measurement, and where you have measured round your fullest part. On the chart it then gives you the cup size. I only know all this as I had to do myself the other day. Came out huuuuuuge:eek: I was shopping at evans so used their chart which you can find here, just scroll down to the bra bit! :

Size guide - Evans

Hope this helps. I blimmin' hate bra shopping:rolleyes:

I would def get measured. I started this diet at 44DD and just bought smaller as I lost weight - if it looked ok it WAS ok ..... Went to get measured and couldn't believe the difference that a good fitting bra made ( now 38E)

For you back size you add 4 if the number of inches in even and 5 if the number of inches is odd so that might make you a 40 something :) if you havent already done this to 35 inches

For the cup size you measure around the fullest part of your breast, with the tape measure at the same height around the back as the front. If that amount is the same as your back size you have an A cup, every additional inch you add a cup size, so 42 would give you a C cup.

For you back size you add 4 if the number of inches in even and 5 if the number of inches is odd so that might make you a 40 something :) if you havent already done this to 35 inches

For the cup size you measure around the fullest part of your breast, with the tape measure at the same height around the back as the front. If that amount is the same as your back size you have an A cup, every additional inch you add a cup size, so 42 would give you a C cup.

i just measured full size of my bust and its 40.5 ? under my bust is 35..

does this make me 34 b ? :(

lol

The cup size is a little more complicated, because it seems to be done on a chart, and is the difference between your ORIGINAL ( not with the added on 4 or 5) underbust measurement,

This in not correct or I would be 38E and I am fitting correctly into my 38B :)

:D sounds very complicated, but after years of study i think i can help just by looking at them :rolleyes::rolleyes: :eek:

i just measured full size of my bust and its 40.5 ? under my bust is 35..

does this make me 34 b ? :(

lol

I would say it makes you a 40B :)

35+5 = 40 for back size, and you have a little extra around the bust so 40=A 41=B so I would say B

I would say it makes you a 40B :)

35+5 = 40 for back size, and you have a little extra around the bust so 40=A 41=B so I would say B

that cant be right surly? my 36c bras are to big around my back and bust ?

even the last clasp dont do it :(

defo a 34 back ......

Hang on in your signature you say your bust is 35 :) where do you measure for that? I measure the fullest part of my breast for that measurement, if that is the same for you then yes 40 is wrong. But you seem to be saying that under your bust is 35 if thats right you are either a 38-40 and an A or B. The best thing to do is go to M&S and take in a few sizes and try them on :)

i measure just below my boobs 35 ? and then i just measured on my bust 40.5 ?

dont have an m and s here, dotn have anywhere to get measured.. seriously all i got is instore and bewise.... back to leic end of next week so will get done proply..

but going by the bras this morning 36c are not my size any more :(

Just have to say - that adding 4/5 inches to the under bust measure has never worked for me - always end up with bras that dangle round my knees. Having gone to a bravissimo fitting I wear the size that I measure - i.e. if I'm measuring 38 I wear 38 and don't add anything and that fits. They also advocate ignoring the cup size rules and trying stuff on as different cuts means you are rarely the same size in different types of bra.

Back