How do you motivate yourself?

chickyb16

I have a ringbinder and in it I've lots of motivational stuff. I've printed articles from the slimming world website, comments friends and family have said to me, pictures of myself each stone I lose so I can see the difference and pictures of clothes that I want to be able to wear but can't.

I also keep a diary and when I read what I felt like when I started to the way I feel now, it keeps me going.

How do you keep going when it's a tough time?

I recently went on a cruise, so I brought a very expensive, very posh dress in a size too small. I hung the dress on the front of my wardrobe so I could see it every day. I brought it 4 months before I went away so had plenty of time to get into it.

It worked a treat, it helped me keep motivated all the time. Unfortunately I had to get the dress altered at the last minute because I had lost too much weight!! It made me feel great :D

I tend to need something to be motivated for like a holiday. You know something or somewhere which means i want to wear really nice things and not be repulsed by my chubby bits xxx

mine is my son simple.

Basically i breastfeed and had a lot of trouble and it was really hard but i stuck to it. I asked hubby why i couldnt have that determination with slimming so he said why dont you do it for him? and i honestly havent looked back.
Hes 21 weeks now and i hope when he is 21 he will be proud of me. :)

each little target i have is motivational - i have 3.5lbs to get my next little sticker!

each of the stickers is another step closer to where i want to be - slimmer!!!!

i also would love to SOTW one day....ive NEVER done it and ive been doing SW for over 6 months! one day i will rock that sticker and take the fruit basket! haha! x

I don't have a ring binder, but i have my blog website - which i look back on when i'm struggling. I also keep reminding myself of what i can do now that i couldn't do before. and those personal challenges - i don't pay too much attention to the awards - but i have my little personal ones. I'm 1lb off my next one (drat - wanted it last week) - and that's to be half my starting size. I will do that this week. After that - there's only one left - to call target - by the end of June i hope.

I'm trying an SAS log this week. I am at the top end of my target range at the moment and I want to get back to target (or maybe even under).

I was a massive sceptic about SAS logs so it'll be interesting to see if I can keep it up. It's helped today as I've identified some potential danger areas (the goodies in the cupboard are now hidden away and I've cut up 2 melons and a pineapple to make it quicker and easier to dish up) and if nothing else it's also acting as a food diary and I always lose weight more easily when I'm being honest and writing everything down.

I also looked at my 2008 holiday photos today taken when I was 2 stone heavier, we're going to the same place with the same friends this year and I'm not going to look like that this year!!

Back