How do you motivate yourself?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by chickyb16, 28 May 2010 Social URL.

1. chickyb16

chickyb16 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(9.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a ringbinder and in it I've lots of motivational stuff. I've printed articles from the slimming world website, comments friends and family have said to me, pictures of myself each stone I lose so I can see the difference and pictures of clothes that I want to be able to wear but can't.

I also keep a diary and when I read what I felt like when I started to the way I feel now, it keeps me going.

How do you keep going when it's a tough time?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. littlemissnaughty

littlemissnaughty Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.17%)
    I recently went on a cruise, so I brought a very expensive, very posh dress in a size too small. I hung the dress on the front of my wardrobe so I could see it every day. I brought it 4 months before I went away so had plenty of time to get into it.

It worked a treat, it helped me keep motivated all the time. Unfortunately I had to get the dress altered at the last minute because I had lost too much weight!! It made me feel great :D

4. iamdetermined

iamdetermined Full Member

I tend to need something to be motivated for like a holiday. You know something or somewhere which means i want to wear really nice things and not be repulsed by my chubby bits xxx

5. Eternalflame

Eternalflame Excited about the new me!

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Looking at where I started, and where I want to be. I get involved in challenges on here, make mini targets that are achievable, but not too easy and exercise too. Also find that new recipe's really help me stay interested. x

6. Shrinking_Bev

Shrinking_Bev Likes to eat.........alot

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20.3%)
    Diet:
    SW
    At the moment, I just look at all the lovely clothes in my wardrobe that don't fit me! lol

7. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    mine is my son simple.

Basically i breastfeed and had a lot of trouble and it was really hard but i stuck to it. I asked hubby why i couldnt have that determination with slimming so he said why dont you do it for him? and i honestly havent looked back.
    Hes 21 weeks now and i hope when he is 21 he will be proud of me. :)

8. Croggler

Croggler Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I also look at all my unworn clothes that i'd love to get into

9. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

each little target i have is motivational - i have 3.5lbs to get my next little sticker!

each of the stickers is another step closer to where i want to be - slimmer!!!!

i also would love to SOTW one day....ive NEVER done it and ive been doing SW for over 6 months! one day i will rock that sticker and take the fruit basket! haha! x

10. Shrinking_Bev

Shrinking_Bev Likes to eat.........alot

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20.3%)
    Diet:
    SW
    LOL Ellebear!

11. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

do you have visions of me robbing the basket? haha! x:8855:

12. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    I don't have a ring binder, but i have my blog website - which i look back on when i'm struggling. I also keep reminding myself of what i can do now that i couldn't do before. and those personal challenges - i don't pay too much attention to the awards - but i have my little personal ones. I'm 1lb off my next one (drat - wanted it last week) - and that's to be half my starting size. I will do that this week. After that - there's only one left - to call target - by the end of June i hope.

13. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    My friends are my motivation! Seeing them losing their weight and sticking to it makes me do it and want to do it too!

It's also for my boys cos I wanna be their Yummy Mummy and not a Fatty Mummy!!:) My eldest put his arms round me earlier and was amazed cos he could reach all the way round and told me I was skinny!!:D

14. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    that just made me cry! :rolleyes:

15. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Aaaww, sorry!

16. lowrygirl

lowrygirl Member

I'm trying an SAS log this week. I am at the top end of my target range at the moment and I want to get back to target (or maybe even under).

I was a massive sceptic about SAS logs so it'll be interesting to see if I can keep it up. It's helped today as I've identified some potential danger areas (the goodies in the cupboard are now hidden away and I've cut up 2 melons and a pineapple to make it quicker and easier to dish up) and if nothing else it's also acting as a food diary and I always lose weight more easily when I'm being honest and writing everything down.

I also looked at my 2008 holiday photos today taken when I was 2 stone heavier, we're going to the same place with the same friends this year and I'm not going to look like that this year!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.