Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How do you motivate yourself?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by chickyb16, 28 May 2010 Social URL.

1. chickyb16

chickyb16 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(9.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a ringbinder and in it I've lots of motivational stuff. I've printed articles from the slimming world website, comments friends and family have said to me, pictures of myself each stone I lose so I can see the difference and pictures of clothes that I want to be able to wear but can't.

I also keep a diary and when I read what I felt like when I started to the way I feel now, it keeps me going.

How do you keep going when it's a tough time?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. littlemissnaughty

littlemissnaughty Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.19%)
    I recently went on a cruise, so I brought a very expensive, very posh dress in a size too small. I hung the dress on the front of my wardrobe so I could see it every day. I brought it 4 months before I went away so had plenty of time to get into it.

It worked a treat, it helped me keep motivated all the time. Unfortunately I had to get the dress altered at the last minute because I had lost too much weight!! It made me feel great :D

4. iamdetermined

iamdetermined Full Member

I tend to need something to be motivated for like a holiday. You know something or somewhere which means i want to wear really nice things and not be repulsed by my chubby bits xxx

5. Eternalflame

Eternalflame Excited about the new me!

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Looking at where I started, and where I want to be. I get involved in challenges on here, make mini targets that are achievable, but not too easy and exercise too. Also find that new recipe's really help me stay interested. x

6. Shrinking_Bev

Shrinking_Bev Likes to eat.........alot

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20.3%)
    Diet:
    SW
    At the moment, I just look at all the lovely clothes in my wardrobe that don't fit me! lol

7. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    mine is my son simple.

Basically i breastfeed and had a lot of trouble and it was really hard but i stuck to it. I asked hubby why i couldnt have that determination with slimming so he said why dont you do it for him? and i honestly havent looked back.
    Hes 21 weeks now and i hope when he is 21 he will be proud of me. :)

8. Croggler

Croggler Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I also look at all my unworn clothes that i'd love to get into

9. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

each little target i have is motivational - i have 3.5lbs to get my next little sticker!

each of the stickers is another step closer to where i want to be - slimmer!!!!

i also would love to SOTW one day....ive NEVER done it and ive been doing SW for over 6 months! one day i will rock that sticker and take the fruit basket! haha! x

10. Shrinking_Bev

Shrinking_Bev Likes to eat.........alot

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20.3%)
    Diet:
    SW
    LOL Ellebear!

11. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

do you have visions of me robbing the basket? haha! x:8855:

12. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    I don't have a ring binder, but i have my blog website - which i look back on when i'm struggling. I also keep reminding myself of what i can do now that i couldn't do before. and those personal challenges - i don't pay too much attention to the awards - but i have my little personal ones. I'm 1lb off my next one (drat - wanted it last week) - and that's to be half my starting size. I will do that this week. After that - there's only one left - to call target - by the end of June i hope.

13. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    My friends are my motivation! Seeing them losing their weight and sticking to it makes me do it and want to do it too!

It's also for my boys cos I wanna be their Yummy Mummy and not a Fatty Mummy!!:) My eldest put his arms round me earlier and was amazed cos he could reach all the way round and told me I was skinny!!:D

14. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    that just made me cry! :rolleyes:

15. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Aaaww, sorry!

16. lowrygirl

lowrygirl Member

I'm trying an SAS log this week. I am at the top end of my target range at the moment and I want to get back to target (or maybe even under).

I was a massive sceptic about SAS logs so it'll be interesting to see if I can keep it up. It's helped today as I've identified some potential danger areas (the goodies in the cupboard are now hidden away and I've cut up 2 melons and a pineapple to make it quicker and easier to dish up) and if nothing else it's also acting as a food diary and I always lose weight more easily when I'm being honest and writing everything down.

I also looked at my 2008 holiday photos today taken when I was 2 stone heavier, we're going to the same place with the same friends this year and I'm not going to look like that this year!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.